Post Thanks / Like

Autogeek`s Show Car Garage New Product Showcase - Optimum Hyper Compound

Video: Autogeek`s Show Car Garage New Product Showcase - Optimum Hyper Compound

David Ghodoussi form Optimum Polymer Technologies visited Autogeek`s Show Car Garage to introduce and showcase a brand new technology for removing serious below surface paint defects as well as sanding marks after wetsanding or dampsanding paint.

YouTube Video: Optimum Hyper Compound
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhkBAhXDk8Q"]YouTube - Optimum Hyper Compound at Autogeek's Show Car Garage![/ame]

Optimum Hyper Compound
    Paint Perfect in a Spray

Benefits and Features
    This ground-breaking spray compound is fast cutting, ZERO dusting and user friendly. A unique blend of proprietary polymers and abrasives allows for rapid removal of sanding marks and deep paint imperfections and defects like swirls and scratches all while creating the look of a polish.

No chalky residue EVER!

Optimum Hyper Compound is available to Professional Detailers and Car Enthusiasts who want an aggressive compound for restoring a show car finish to neglected paint. This is a pro quality compound designed and formulated to be "Body Shop Safe" for use in body shops for removing sanding marks after sanding paint to remove orange peel and other surface texture.

Optimum Hyper Compound can be used with rotary buffers using both wool and foam pads and dual action polishers with foam pads.
    Optimum Hyper Polish
    After removing sanding marks or other paint defects with Optimum Hyper Compound, follow-up using Optimum Hyper Polish, the perfect tag-team for show car results.

Here`s a test truck, a custom 1970 Chevy Truck street rod owned by Rick W.

Rick`s truck has a customer paint job that was hand sanded and them buffed out but the finish has zillions of swirls from the buffing step and there are still straightline tracers left everywhere in the paint from the hand wetsanding process.

Thousands of swirls give the paint a dull, hazy look...

Scuffs and scratches throughout the finish...

RIDS or Random Isolated Deeper Scratches throughout the finish...

The straightline scratches you see next to the reflection of the overhead florescent lights are leftover sanding marks from the sanding process commonly called Tracers.

After introducing David Ghodoussi and his brand new Optimum Hyper Compound, we took a lunch break, and I machine damp-sanded the hood starting with #1500 Grit and finishing with #3000 Grit discs.

After David and Yancy returned from lunch that`s when we demonstrated the Optimum Hyper Compound to a section of the driver`s hood.

This is where we left off after shooting the video so this is where I started to finish the job...

First I`ll finish compounding the driver`s side of the hood...

Here you can see some very light holograms left in the clear coat and this is normal for a heavy cut compound and an aggressive wool pad, the fibers of the wool pad by themselves will impart holograms like you see here but the good news is they are very shallow and are easily removed with the polishing step.

Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek`s Show Car Garage New Product Showcase - Optimum Hyper Compound

Continued...

After compounding I used the new Optimum Hyper Polish with the Optimum Red Foam Polishing Pad with a rotary buffer to remove any remaining holograms and restore a clear, high gloss shine to the paint.

The paint started out dull and haze and now it`s crystal clear with all the Tracers, RIDS and Swirls removed. Now you can see the beautiful metallic flake under the clear in the basecoat.

Check out the crisp reflections in the driver`s side paint...

Next up I sealed the paint using Optimum Spray Wax. Optimum Spray Wax uses a patented UV system that protects against UVA and UVB rays and provides protection for up to 5 months using a patented blend of Polymers and Carnauba. This is a spray-on, wipe-off product that`s very easy to use and creates a clear, reflective shine.

Check it out...

The sun shots...

This is a very well build street rod with lots of attention to details, all it needed was a little show car polishing at Autogeek`s Show Car Garage with Optimum`s new Hyper Compound and Hyper Polish.

And Rick, the happy owner and builder of the sweet 1970 3/4 ton Chevrolet Custom Truck...

New Products Showcased
    Optimum Hyper Compound
    Optimum Hyper Polish

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Before

Thousands of swirls give the paint a dull, hazy look...

After

Thanks Rick for letting us use your cool truck and thank you David Ghodoussi for showcasing your new Optimum Hyper Compound and polishing system at Autogeek`s Show Car Garage!

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

I love those trucks - but I`m not quite sure it`s a `70. Looks like a `71 or `72 model based on the front end and grille. Of course, it may be an newer grille on an older model truck. Also, I think the `70 model didn`t have the ridge on the front leading area of the hood, because the bowtie was there. In `71, they moved it down to the grille. Very nice nonetheless.

My first was a 1972 Cheyenne LWB 3-on-the-tree that had been in the family since bought brand new in 1971. I had the little toolbox / door on the bottom of the passenger bed in front of the rear wheel too.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I love those trucks - but I`m not quite sure it`s a `70.
    I met the owner at the Barrett-Jackson Auction at West Palm Beach when I was working with the Mother`s Special Events team and then he attended my April 24th class.

He built the truck himself and told me it was a 1970...

It runs and drives great! I owned a 1969 CST K5 Blazer and a 1971 3/4 Ton 4x4 so I trend towards 4-wheel drives but I have owned a very nice and very rare, 1973 factory 2-wheel drive also...

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Thread Information