Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

Thanks for a great instructional article Mike! (as per your usual).

The `panel` photos are great not only for this but for actually seeing how you could divide up the car for other work. While it is easy to say "work a 2`x2` section" most of us only have few 2ft by 2ft sections on our vehicles (my son`s `92 Crown Vic excluded!), so it nice to see how an experienced detailer `slices` up the work.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips & Techniques for using a Spray Detailer to Remove Light Dust, Fingerprints and Smudges

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

That`s completely subjective. That would depend upon you and your goals and the paint on the car you`re working on.
    I accept the definition since it least sets some expectation.

But, my primary question was about what definition would you apply to a waterless wash product since I assume if it is appropriate to *some* bonded dust, etc.

This is the same challenged rinseless washes have since there is no clear definition of when it is too dirty.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I accept the definition since it least sets some expectation.

But, my primary question was about what definition would you apply to a waterless wash product since I assume if it is appropriate to *some* bonded dust, etc.

This is the same challenged rinseless washes have since there is no clear definition of when it is too dirty.
    Great point, sorry I didn`t get specific to this point.

I don`t think there`s ever going to be any kind of hard and fast rule of thumb or even standard or guideline for determining when it`s safe to use a waterless wash, that is how dirty a car can be and a person can still use a waterless wash to leave a scratch-free surface.

If a person has access to free flowing water, for example they could if they choose legally wash their car in their own driveway using their household water supply then I guess your question needs an answer although I`m not going to put myself up as the person to state any conclusive standard by which to work by, I`ll leave that up to others or the car owner.

Now if a person washing a car doesn`t have access to free flowing water, then the answer is made for them. Either wash the car as best as you can using the rinseless wash or don`t. What other option does the person have?

For what it`s worth, I`ve been meaning to write a how-to article on how to safely remove a dried or even wet bird dropping and your line of questioning gave me the push I needed to take the pictures and create the article.

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/aut...-dropping.html

Mike Phillips
    Host - Competition Ready on Velocity Channel
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    Competition Ready Facebook Page
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram

Click on a book to get your own copy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information