Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of important Business files

I have decided to be helpful and nice and share EVERYTHING i can think of

Here are some of the files that make my business click. Some of the files are just tables or images I created from my invoicing software so that you could get the general idea. Sorry for the random order, i am just grabbing files as i go.

Maintainence Brochure: Text writen by David Bynon, revised by myself, images are mine. it is a 7MB Word File I have printed on a great printer, and give to new customers. Source File: Maintainbrochure.doc 8MB Right-Click Save AS

Post Card Mailing I created this as the back of a post card. I take what i consider to be the best picture of a car from certain clients in certain neighborhoods, and i have 3 of them printed/page on heavy card stock with the picture being glossy, and the back being matte. then i take that, and razor cut it into 3 post cards. I then run those through my personal laser printer, with this MS word mail merge. It set it up to print each one with a different address from the neighborhood, then i bulk mail them out. It is a really great professional postcard mailing for not alot of $$.
    Source File: cobbleback.doc 86K Right-Click Save AS

Cheap Color Flyer This is a color flyer that i built early last year. I printed 100, and no more. I dont like it personally, but it got me 3 calls from the 100, and that is a decent turnaround. You need photoshop to edit, and a program like Irfanview if you want to just look at it.
    Source File: spring04ad.psd 1MB Right-Click Save AS

Job Application Here is a great job application. I created it to gear toward detailing and general hiring.
    Source File: Application.doc 190K Right-Click Save AS

Non-compete this is a legality thing that goes with the job application
    Source File: Non-compete.doc 26K Right-Click Save AS

Business Card Files!
    I have these printed at www.overnightprints.com I recommend them over ANY ANY ANY printer out there. Incredible quality, great turnaround, great prices! I always have the front done in High Gloss, and the back matte. anyhow for the files:

This is the original front: Source File: BcardFront.psd 3.75MB Right-Click Save AS

This is the original back, but now the front: Source File: BcardBack.psd 500K Right-Click Save AS

This is the new back, it uses the old back as the front: Source File: ReferralcardBack.psd 1.35MB Right-Click Save AS

Vehicle Check-in Sheet This was my most sought after form. I had this published on the web before, and it had over 300 downloads!! It is the all important vehicle check-in sheet. It helps to inform the customer of any serious problems, and keeps you a good record should they pin anything on you!
    Source File: check-in.xls 100K Right-Click Save AS
    This one was revised as per a member request:
    Source File: report_R2.xls 100K Right-Click Save AS

Invoice Template This was my original invoice that i created from scratch. It has since changed slighty several times, and it is what i used to create my custome quickbooks invoice and receipts. It is as close to my current invoice as i could find. Address, logo and stuff have changed but you get the drift!
    Source File: invoicetemplate.xls 85K Right-Click Save AS

Price and Item List
    I created this from my invoice software, but it is a general guide for what i charge based on different vehicles or however it is set up. You can look, i just type the car into my software, and it tells me the price
    Source File: PriceList.xls 50K Right-Click Save AS

Spring Ad I had 10,000 of these printed for $375 on glossy paper. Front and back. (I have ~3,000 left) I only uploaded the .pdf files since the .psd files are over 100MB EACH!! If you want the source files, you will need to e-mail or PM me, and i will send you a CD. I dont want the massive files on my server consuming my space and bandwith.
    Front:
    Source File: AdFront.pdf 1.5MB Right-Click Save AS

Back:
    Source File: AdBack.pdf 1.5MB Right-Click Save AS

If you want to see, or need anything else specific, post up and i will dig it up. I am sure that i have just about 1 of everything here. Oh... and my web. www.ddetail.com/beta Feel free to use any of the code that is slowly being updated on it. Just dont take my layout, images, or general feel. You can use the calculators, or the menu`s but not my color scheme, and page layout

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alot of important Business files

Wow, thanks a lot. I`ve been looking for a few of these things lately and haven`t had the time to create my own stuff. Happy Holidays!

edit: when I tried to open the brochure, PS gave me an error and said that it wasn`t a valid text layer. Just thought I`d let you know

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...Very VERY nice of you. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    Thank you for your generosity, You probably saved alot of time for alot of people.

I am just curious, do you have a hard time getting a signature on the
    non-compete agreement (I`m presuming that is for new hirees)

Once again Thanks And Happy Holidays
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

The non compete. No trouble whatsoever. It is a sign it or leave document. Once you are trained in this industry, if you have enough business sense and spirit (and a Bit of $), you can open you own shop very easily. This contract keeps that from happening. It is not very bullit proof in court, but seriously what employee that is making $8.50 is going to pay the court fees trying to get around this in order to Attempt to compete against us...

Post Thanks / Like

Mike the reason I asked was due to the section that defined competition.
    From what that says that person who makes $8.50 can`t even get a minimum wage job working as a cashier at a car wash.

Unless I`m reading into this too much :dunno

P.S.
    Not that I would ever have a use for the agreement, just curious.

Happy holidays
    "J"

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. They know all of my little inside tip tricks and secrets. I dont want them talking to their new boss and such. I believe that it says without consent. If they were to be a cashier at a car wash, i wouldn`t enforce it. If they opened their shop, i would be suing for everything they have!

Post Thanks / Like

here are some more that i just created... I will be adding more in the next few weeks too.

NEW!! added 2/13/05
    Time Card: This is a basic time card with room for 3 jobs/day. It is set up to know exactly how long each job is taking each employee, and therefore you can break down your cost/job on the labor side! Source File: Time card.xls 18k Right-Click Save AS

NEW!! added 2/13/05
    Job Description: Just what it is called. This is a job description that i have released to several places for hiring purposes. It covers a basic detail tech with no experience. You can modify it to fit your needs i bet. Source File: Job Description.doc 33k Right-Click Save AS

Post Thanks / Like

You`ve got to realize this also- Just because someone is a great detailer, doesn`t mean they`re a good businessman. The guy who is helping me this summer is a good detailer, but he put the pizza shop he was managing last year out of business.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shotime
    You`ve got to realize this also- Just because someone is a great detailer, doesn`t mean they`re a good businessman. The guy who is helping me this summer is a good detailer, but he put the pizza shop he was managing last year out of business.

I understand that as a general point, but what does that have to do with this thread??

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i downloaded just about everything you posted. thank you very much. im definately considering getting some of those business cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Ya! Great info and ideas. So you haven`t found a place better than overnightprints?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Woob
    Thank Ya! Great info and ideas. So you haven`t found a place better than overnightprints?

Nope, I have tried several places before them, and once i stumbled upon their quality and immediate turnaround, i was hooked. I guess that since i am satisfied, why go elsewhere?

Post Thanks / Like

tpgsr,

What is your rate of return with the bulk card mailings? ie...per hundred cards you send, how many calls and appointments does it generate?

SC~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Chimp
    tpgsr,

What is your rate of return with the bulk card mailings? ie...per hundred cards you send, how many calls and appointments does it generate?

SC~
    The group of those that i sent out last year was to about 100 customers, and i recieved and booked 3 customers and a total of 6 cards. for the small investment it really paid off. I was going to send out more, but i was a little too busy to manage everything. This year since we have a full staff, i will be sending out all sorts of advertisements, so be on the look-out for this thread, i am going to fill it with all sorts of files and info. Now that you mention it, i will try and wait a few weeks, and place an approx. rate of return next to each item that i upload for public use.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information