Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing price sheet

One little nit pick on your price sheet. Synthetic sealants last much longer than nuba`s IMO. So the up charge for "better protections" makes 0 sense to me unless your topping the sealant with the nuba afterward. And as far as "show room" goes I`d never do work that poorly . Go look around a show room cars look like garbage. just my .02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    One little nit pick on your price sheet. Synthetic sealants last much longer than nuba`s IMO. So the up charge for "better protections" makes 0 sense to me unless your topping the sealant with the nuba afterward. And as far as "show room" goes I`d never do work that poorly . Go look around a show room cars look like garbage. just my .02
    Was gonna say the same thing.

Should be an easy up-sell as well.

And remember a happy customer tells his friends. An UNHAPPY customer tells EVERYONE
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. I guess I`m kind of dancing on the line of actually starting a business and just doing this for friends, and that is creating some confusion when it comes to my overall goals right now.

Was this the statement that was confusing about the sealant vs wax?
    Synthetic Liquid Wax applied by machine
    ($20 to upgrade to premium carnuba wax instead of synthetic for better shine and protection!)

So even liquid waxes (not sealants) will give more protection than carnuba? Is it due to the fact that it is synthetic? I plan on sealing my car and then putting carnuba as a lsp the following day. Would you do this on top of a liquid wax too or is that kind of pointless? Sorry...kinda of derailing thread here...

I later mention the protective qualities of sealants however:
    *Add on one of our premium carnuba waxes applied by hand for the ultimate shine or one of our premium sealants for the ultimate protection!

Post Thanks / Like

Just separate the two out...sealants are known to have higher durability over carnuba waxes. If you want to offer and up grade package, then do a sealant / wax combo, the best of both worlds and ask more money for that service...basically because it`s going to take you longer to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
    Thanks guys. I really appreciate the help. I guess I`m kind of dancing on the line of actually starting a business and just doing this for friends, and that is creating some confusion when it comes to my overall goals right now.

Was this the statement that was confusing about the sealant vs wax?
    Synthetic Liquid Wax applied by machine
    ($20 to upgrade to premium carnuba wax instead of synthetic for better shine and protection!)

So even liquid waxes (not sealants) will give more protection than carnuba? Is it due to the fact that it is synthetic? I plan on sealing my car and then putting carnuba as a lsp the following day. Would you do this on top of a liquid wax too or is that kind of pointless? Sorry...kinda of derailing thread here...

I later mention the protective qualities of sealants however:
    *Add on one of our premium carnuba waxes applied by hand for the ultimate shine or one of our premium sealants for the ultimate protection!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is my first post but I`ve been detailing going on 5 years now and I don`t even offer a price list...I tell every customer I must see the car and I give an estimate from there....I have the chance to talk to the customer and learn what they want to accomplish with the car....once they hear i kinda know what I`m doing they all generally get the full outside with little or no inside.. My inside details offer complete everything shampoo, condititioning and coatings on every surface in the vehicle..that starts at $225 if some one must have a price for full outside I tell them $375 for cars starting and $475 for SUVs trucks and vans +/- $1000 depending on what they want me to do and the hours involved... My details range from 5-10 hour corrections to 100 hours full concours world circuit show car cleanings... Who you market to and how you market to them plays a big role in your ability secure customers...hope you find success.. We all start somewhere...just keep putting your all into you`re work and you will grow in time...
    Last edited by Lewisfair123; 08-11-2015 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Didn't finish...

Post Thanks / Like

You can have a price sheet, but offer per estimate only for jobs that are unexpected. After 40 plus years in this business, expect lots of the unexpected. No two people treat their vehicles the same. Some really destroy their cars, I see very few lightly driven vehicles, more often than not, the vehicle has been neglected like other portions of their hurried lives. Most important, learn to identify the ingrates, as you will never make them happy, even if you give them your right arm. A month ago I did a guys CTS BLACK, I thought the car looked great as all the cars I do. He was unhappy about bird stains that ate the clearcoat. I indicated they would not come out before starting. After he paid me I tore the check up in front of him. I have an "IRON CLAD WARRANTY" if your NOT HAPPY for any reason, YOU DON`T PAY. He now brings his cars to the "meat cutter" down the street....Hologram ally. In business, its important to realize every day is not pay day. But that is OK, you cant put a price on integrity, you earn it daily. Search: "Auto Polishing" I come up usually in the first five.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you planning on keeping 2-4 cars a month or are you trying to get more per month?
    It was suggested to me to just do word of mouth.
    Unless your planning a full time business, I have cars lined up to do.
    It`s a hobby for me which I enjoy but won`t do for free. If your capable of making money in your current job, just do cars as you see fit and forget about a price sheet.
    Just my $.02.

Every time someone sees a car I did, I get requests. I tell them I`m not in business but can get to it if they would like.

Post Thanks / Like

Any interest in adding headlight restoration for $40?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post

BEN`S PREMIUM DETAIL PACKAGE: $150 (You save $30! Great Value!)

PREMIUM EXTERIOR: ($100)
    Full wheel detail to remove caked on brake dust
    Hand Wash and Dry
    Clay bar treatment to remove contaminants from paint
    One-Step Machine polishing to remove minor scratches and swirls and add shine to paint
    All windows cleaned
    *Add on one of our premium carnuba waxes applied by hand for the ultimate shine or one of our premium sealants for the ultimate protection! (+$20)

PREMIUM INTERIOR: ($80)
    Entire interior is wiped down with cleaner and protected
    Full vacuum
    Floor mats and carpet shampooed
    Spots on upholstery and seats are treated
    Leather is cleaned and conditioned
    All windows and mirrors cleaned
    Your choice of air freshener
    *Add $30 for SUV/truck/van
    $150 for a full detail including a 1 step polish? I would starve to death within the 1st week if I offered that price. But then again, I live in NYC. Completely different demographic.

@OP In my honest opinion, the worst thing you can do is be CHEAPER than the competition. That is going to attract people that you do not want. Plus, if you start off at a $150 FULL detail with a 1 step polish, how will you justify charging double or even triple that when/if you become a business? If I were you, keep practicing detailing on your friends and family`s vehicles and get as much experience as possible. Read books, attend detailing classes, etc. I detailed cars for 4+ years and i just recently started my business. In those 4+ years I was watching countless videos, reading an insane amount of reviews on products, was buying test panels on craigslist to practice paint correction as well as sanding, and took a handful of detailing classes that had hands on training. All while I was at my full time job and always detailing on the weekends. I even just recently became IDA certified.

I`m not saying any of this to discourage you. I would rather see someone get as much knowledge as possible before entering his/her field. If you become great at would you do, you should get compensated for it accordingly.

Best of luck my friend.

EDIT: (Just realized how old this thread is, oops)

Post Thanks / Like

I was also going to write a post on nailing your pricing from the outset until I realised how old the thread is. Whoops
    Polishd Detailing
    Adelaide Australia
    https://polishd.com.au

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information