Post Thanks / Like

Interested in starting own buisness

Hello everyone, i have been interested in starting my own buisness within the next may be 5-6 years. I know its a long time but i would like to get a lot more experience than i do now. The only thing i have done is washed, dried, buffed, clayed, minor interior detailing. The only problem i am wondering is there is a lot of competition in my area. The ones i can count off the top of my head is 7. One is very well known because it has been around for years and provides great services. So what I am asking is what are your thoughts on how i would start looking at opening my own buisness and marketing myself. I would like a permanent location so finding one at a reasonable price a month would be necessary. Anything else you can recommend? Any tips, advice? Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interested in starting own buisness

contact your local small business administration office they can be very helpful.

Golden Touch Detailing
    "we are Golden"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interested in starting own buisness

If your looking for demographics there is a lot of info online
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would Work on a business plan even if it is a simple one. Put in your plan contingencies for everything to go wrong and how you will handle it.
    A solid customer base, processes and techniques, are going to be essential to opening a fixed location. Even a small shop on a shoestring budget can easily eat 14 K in expenses a year. Your opening expenses (leasehold) could easily be in the 5k range even if the place is almost work ready. Completely work ready place can cost you more over the course of time in rent. It`s best to weigh the cost of updating for lesser rent than paying a fortune for that perfect place to start out.

These are just some basic numbers off the top of my head. Of course much of it will depend on the cost of leases in your area. And we haven`t even gotten into accounting, bookkeeping, marketing, and dealing with cities and permits.

All this is based on if you already have all the proper tools and equipment to open
    As mentioned check with your SBA or a SCORE representative in your area. Opening a shop without getting some kind of guidance Is like learning how to parachute on the way down without any instruction beforehand. You may figure it out but if you don`t results could be catastrophic.

Best of luck.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Thread Information