Post Thanks / Like

Dealing with insurance claims

Couldn`t really decide where to put this, hopefully here is a good spot.

In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, there is a lot of destruction. Call me insensitive, but there is also a lot of opportunity. I live and work by the Jersey Shore and I am sure there are a lot of vehicle that suffered damage form the floods. I do plan to take advantage of the opportunity and run some promotions to help deal with these vehicles. One edge I think I can get is working with insurance claims, since I am sure this event will be covered. For you more experienced business owners, how do I go about doing this? Is it complicated or do I just accept the job and follow instructions provided by the insurance companies? Do I have to have relationships with the insurance agencies? Is this something worth dealing with, or will I just end up with more headaches than anything else?
    Robert
    RMS Customs LLC - Detailing and Custom Lighting Solutions
    www.rmscustoms.com

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Insurance companies at least in my experiences haven`t been bad.

That being said I do do a thorough inspection and photograph everything. An unforeseen is noted and photographed with an immediate call to the adjuster.

One draw back you may have the vehicle longer than expected. This could be due to an initial adjuster inspection once placed in your hands. Any adjustment during many times requires another visit. Sometimes these waits during non disasters can be two to three days.

They prefer a shop. A W-9 will have to be in there hands before any payment. Be sure to find out if there is any payment upfront. Many only pay when the job is finished. Also make sure the insured will show up with their deductible in a timely matter.

It has happened when times are crazy people have trouble coming up with their part. A simple outlined contract stating storage fees may be necessary.

It helps a little that work I have been involved with is on a "preferred" status by clients. It is not necessary because once they start dealing with you and the experience is good your status elevates.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with insurance claims

PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealing with insurance claims

IMO you`ll have better luck going through an appraisal company. They (insurance companies) are use to being hit hard, so don`t be shy about charging a premium price on EVERYTHING

Thread Information