Post Thanks / Like

Mobile appointments?

Hi all! I was wondering how you mobile detailers take appointments and what information you need from your customers because i`m about to have 600 people call me for appointments thanks to Living Social. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile appointments?

Quote Originally Posted by rimtp07 View Post
    Hi all! I was wondering how you mobile detailers take appointments and what information you need from your customers because i`m about to have 600 people call me for appointments thanks to Living Social. Thank you!
    How is it that you are expecting 600 people to call you for detailing?

If you do in fact have that lined up, and don`t know what information to ask, your in trouble!

There is a lot of info to ask, condition of the car, location, what they are looking for, what date and time works for them.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

well living social is putting 600 as the limit so that`s the limit. I`m kinda hoping for less though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m kinda hoping for less though.
    Ill guarantee less..much less. If Living Social could produce 600 new clients, in any area, it would cost thousands per month (and be worth it), and everyone who owns a business would be fighting for listings.
    Not to say you wont see business from it, but 600 calls isnt even realistic.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i`m hoping you`re right. Cause 600 would just kill me. But they told me that when they get detailing ads that they sell out quickly. They wanted to do 1000 at first but I said no way. But whether it`s 5 customers or 600, what should I use for appointments? I have quickbooks pro

Post Thanks / Like

But whether it`s 5 customers or 600, what should I use for appointments?
    How about a good ole fashion pen and calendar?
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Well i`m hoping you`re right. Cause 600 would just kill me. But they told me that when they get detailing ads that they sell out quickly. They wanted to do 1000 at first but I said no way. But whether it`s 5 customers or 600, what should I use for appointments? I have quickbooks pro
    Advertising companies do that quite often. They want you to buy the more expensive package just like any other sales person does. If it gets to a point that your maxing out the 600 mark, up it to 1000. If that ever happens, please call me because I will pay good money for some business coaching

On a serious note, Quickbooks Pro should be more than plenty as long as you trust everything you have to be stored on a PC. I use my Droid for all of my on the spot appointments and reminders of upcoming appointments. I also have a detailed calender book at home mainly just for a paper record when its time for quarterly taxes. I dont trust technology when it comes to records. Just ask Concours.John about it lol.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My concern would be at 600 is that discounted jobs and by how much?

I`ve not used these companies for fear of time involved to do a good job and loss. Not to mention being unable to say they paid only for "x" when I mostly do "y".

I like getting some general details but make sure they understand the difference in expectations. There just isn`t enough time in a full all out job to discount it. (for me at least).

Still would like to know how this all pans out for you. Good luck!

Booking wise I have all my excel sheets printed and do it first the old way. Then everything is put in the computer and on disk. As mrclean said technology can bite you. Always have a plan B. A mechanical harddrive failure can ruin your day especially happening at the end of the year.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    Booking wise I have all my excel sheets printed and do it first the old way. Then everything is put in the computer and on disk. As mrclean said technology can bite you. Always have a plan B. A mechanical harddrive failure can ruin your day especially happening at the end of the year.
    Do you have a template I can take a look at for your excel sheets? I`ll go buy an appointment book and also put them into my computer and back em up to my external drive.

Post Thanks / Like

so? how many did you sell? I`m sure it wasn`t 600 (at least I hope anyway)

ironically, there is a longer thread on autogeek, discussing this thread. the internet is a funny place sometimes...

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a template I can take a look at for your excel sheets? I`ll go buy an appointment book and also put them into my computer and back em up to my external drive.
    I`ll take a look for the original that can be modified. The one I currently use and modified has a little too much information. I`ll do what I can. I`m not sure how to post a long form on the site (ledger size) or link a file. I think I got it from the Microsoft site.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Thread Information