Post Thanks / Like

maintenance details

I want to offer maintenance details to my customers but im not sure how to set up the schedule or how to price it.
    Can you guys tell me how your maintenance detail plans work. once a month, twice a month. Do you offer waxing?
    I was thinking I would only offer this to customers who have first got a full in and out detail from me.

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you have in mind as far as what it will include exterior/ interior wise? Yes I would only do it after a full out detail. How it is washed and cared for in between would dictate much of it.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: maintenance details

Quote Originally Posted by Concours.John View Post
    What do you have in mind as far as what it will include exterior/ interior wise? Yes I would only do it after a full out detail. How it is washed and cared for in between would dictate much of it.
    Im not sure. With the first detail obviously it was cleaned well so the next time around shouldnt be to bad, normally. It wont need to be waxed and clayed for a while. So the outside would be a wash and dry, wheels and tires cleaned and dressed and plastic dressed.

Inside should only require a wipe down and a vacuum. Maybe offer some spot removal for an added price.

Give different price options depending on how often they want to get it cleaned. Also set a time limit after the first detail for maintenance details. like maybe 6 months then they would be required to get a Full detali, possibly at a discounted rate. And the time limit would maybe include a time limit after the first detail that a maintenance detail must be done within.

If they buy in bulk maybe offer free waxing when needed.

Sorry if it is hard to follow, I was thinking out loud

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe make a master list of what you do for a full out detail, be specific. Make a couple others from that list (packages per say). Keep track of your time on specific areas during the complete detail. You then should be able to come up with a number that won`t short you on the maintenance. Knock off a small percentage as an incentive.
    Just a thought.
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

The more frequent I deal with a car, the greater the discount I offer. I tend to offer quarterly or semi-annual plans, but each is customized for the customer and what they want.

As an example, for monthly washing and dressing with a plan of re-waxing/sealing every 3 months I total the normal price I would charge for each service, then discount by 10%/15%/20% (depends on circumstances) and divide by # of service calls (3 for quarterly, 6 for semi-annually) and charge the same amount each month. I have a clause that the price is subject to increase if too much time has passed since the last service.(I`m pretty forgiving unless they are particularly hard on the vehicle or constantly push the limits) This allows the customer to average out the cost and keeps me busy when new business is slow. Also encourages loyalty, as the smaller services are done at the beginning of the contract time and the larger service at the end. I typically don`t make contracts longer than 6 months as situations can change and I always recommend a full detail twice a year anyway.

I hope that was easy enough to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    The more frequent I deal with a car, the greater the discount I offer. I tend to offer quarterly or semi-annual plans, but each is customized for the customer and what they want.

As an example, for monthly washing and dressing with a plan of re-waxing/sealing every 3 months I total the normal price I would charge for each service, then discount by 10%/15%/20% (depends on circumstances) and divide by # of service calls (3 for quarterly, 6 for semi-annually) and charge the same amount each month. I have a clause that the price is subject to increase if too much time has passed since the last service.(I`m pretty forgiving unless they are particularly hard on the vehicle or constantly push the limits) This allows the customer to average out the cost and keeps me busy when new business is slow. Also encourages loyalty, as the smaller services are done at the beginning of the contract time and the larger service at the end. I typically don`t make contracts longer than 6 months as situations can change and I always recommend a full detail twice a year anyway.

I hope that was easy enough to follow.
    It was. Thank you.

Detailing the Gulf Coast vitalcarcare's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In our maint packages we do it in 3 different increments

For those that just want quick washes we do a buy 2 get 1 deal
    For those that want more of a package deal we do a 250-350/deposit then offer between 25-35% off each detail we do from then out with the promise of one detail a month.

This allows people to get a detail job for what the car needs and a pretty decent discount. The initial detail is either a full out detail (we call these beta/gamma) were we thoroughly clean/clay/polish/protect. So even if the customer doesnt need a very frequent job we still have made our money and the discount is more of a thank you for being a constant customer.

Thread Information