Post Thanks / Like

Local chamber of commerce

Do you guys join your Local chamber of commerce? If you do did you find that it helped, or is it a waste of money?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local chamber of commerce

Quote Originally Posted by Bodezafa View Post
    Do you guys join your Local chamber of commerce? If you do did you find that it helped, or is it a waste of money?

The chamber is a great tool for a fixed location it gives you some community exposure, but its not your best bang for the buck getting new business. The chamber mixers are a lead fest, everyone is trying to sell you their product or service. That`s been my experience.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I think it depends on the area you`re in. Talk to local business owners who belong and gauge their opinion.
    They call me Dollar Bill

Post Thanks / Like

In my area there is really not that big of exposure with them here. Plus they don`t just pick 1 detailer, they have multiple detailers on their list.
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Think about what it really means to be a part of your local chamber. You are a business man in your community and you need to become a leader in your community! Yes, its a good idea to join your local chamber. Who attends and joins the chambers in each city? Other business owners do... These are the people that have the money to pay you for your services. And these business owners and chamber members will, and can, lead you to a lot more business. One of the best things about the chamber meetings is, everyone involved expects each other to show and sell their services. My brothers and I ended up getting a lot of leads and made a great amount of money being a part of our San Diego Chamber. And, we eventually became leaders in our community because of it. We ended up being one of the "Go To Companies" that everyone knew and trusted.

Make it a point to get involved in each chamber event you attend. You have to work it, network and meet and greet as many people as you can every time you attend a meeting. Over the years in my teaching of how to run a successful auto detailing business this is one of my most respected parts of the training program. I have seen a lot of success from past students that have had great success becoming part of their local chamber. Im sure there are some chambers that are better then others but none the less its still a great place to network.

Its been my experience that its a great idea. Attend the mixers and go to some of the functions... Network yourself and your company as much as you can especially other business people that know what your trying to do. Think about being a member in your community chamber and getting your membership Plack and member sticker. Anyone that sees those types of credentials it will help in building your credibility as a local business man...

I hope that helps a bit in you`re decision making process.

MEL
    The Detailing Pros

Thread Information