Thread: Mobile Setup

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile Setup

I am putting together my mobile setup together as we speak. I have a brand new 6x8 open trailer. I am getting a 100 or 120 gallon water tank. I have a friend selling me a used honda 2200 pressure washer (used once). Here is where I have some question.

What size generator is everyone running. It needs to power my flex rotary, GG DA, 6.5hp Shop Vac, 5 gallon compressor, and steamer.

What size hose does everyone use and what type of reel.

DO you filter the water before you put it in the tank with either the system AG or GG sells?

Thanks for all the help.

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Setup

I had seen a post on a forum where someone strapped some 12V batteries together to provide a quiet power source to run pressure washers, etc.

From the description, they could run what they needed all day on a single charge but could recharge locally if needed. I wish I knew where I saw the thread.

I think your customers would may appreciate this.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I checked out a wattage chart for appliances before I bought my generator. Most electrical tools run around 1000 watts, I think an electric blower runs around 1400. I say get at least a 2000 watt generator. I bought a honda inverter generator of ebay, which are supposed to be more top of the line, love it, it`s quiet and runs a long time off a few gallons of gas
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you 2000 watt power an air compressor? How much did you find the Honda Quite Genrrator? The azrtec hot rod says 1400 watt heater for the water so a 2000 watt generator should be fine right?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

^^I`m sure a 2000 will run a compressor just fine and your extractor. I got mine for 900 off ebay, refurbished but runs like a champ!
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the little honda 3000 watt. Purrs like a kitten and will run anything that i need it to. I have a stainless reel my uncle gave to me(In the pressure cleaning business) but don`t have a trailer yet. I`m planning on putting about 100ft of hose on it also. Also have tanks spanning from 60-200 gal depending on what the day may bring. Have a 425 gal, but need a few bulkheads to fill a couple holes that were drilled.
    Quality is not an option, It is standard.
    2005 Mustang gt - Not stock
    2000 Fat bottom 7.3 powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Porter Cable 5250 watt Generator. Works just fine for everything I use. The only problem is that it is loud. If you can get a honda or onan, much quiter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the information guys

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

Im curious to know what kind of generator you got. Also how are you runnung your water system, is it just the water tank and pressure washer or do you have other equipment also? Where do you get your water supply from? If you have a dionization system in your home how much was it and who`s best to to goto for one of them?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    No water setup yet. I`m am working on getting a self co.gainer air compressor that is powered off the belt of the truck. As for power I am going to go with a 3000 watt inverter with a secondary battery in the bed of the truck but will be connect to the normal truck battery to keep it charged and there will be a cut off switch to the battery in the bed of the truck so no power will be going to it when I am driving.

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

hey Guys, If you get a chance Paul Weidler and myself did one of our radio shows on "Detailing Rigs" and it was a big hit. If you get a chance to listen to it Im sure you will find it fun, exciting and educational as well. Go to my website at Auto Detailing | Car Detailing Business | Auto Detail Training and click onto the Radio Show button, hit the listen now button and many of the shows will pop up for your listening pleasure!
    The Detailing Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Craig View Post
    hey Guys, If you get a chance Paul Weidler and myself did one of our radio shows on "Detailing Rigs" and it was a big hit. If you get a chance to listen to it Im sure you will find it fun, exciting and educational as well. Go to my website at Auto Detailing | Car Detailing Business | Auto Detail Training and click onto the Radio Show button, hit the listen now button and many of the shows will pop up for your listening pleasure!
    Any way you can post a transcript right here?
    Little Jimmy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

keep in mind when choossing a generator that what ever you plug into it has a starting wattage and a running wattage and that starting wattage is a whole lot higher than the running wattage. the wattage that is typical displayed on the generator is normaly the running. so if you have a 2k watt generator and your shop vac need 2k to run and 3.5k to start it wont start. deffinately take the time and ask what both are for each one of your tools. you cant return a generator...lol

Post Thanks / Like

researching some threads on inverters / generators and ran across this

Sully - how are things with the inverter setup? any problems? Still using stock alternator? only 1 additional battery?

Thread Information