Post Thanks / Like

Starting a new mobile detailing business.

I`m looking for help on a business name,logo and possibly a slogan. I thought of this... Xtra Clean Auto Detailing,"We go that extra mile to keep your car clean.. If not i would like some suggestions please...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting a new mobile detailing business.

That`s pretty good! I would maybe drop the "to keep your car clean" and just keep it as "We go the extra mile". But that`s just my suggestion. FYI - Xtracleanautodetailing is available as a .com as well.

As for a logo you may be better off hiring someone to do that for you. Probably cost you a couple hundred dollars to get one designed. I luckily have my mother who`s a graphic designer, she`s going to be designing mine in the next month or 2.

Post Thanks / Like

I lucked out and got one of my best friends who`s a graphic designer to make mine. It cost me a $100 steak dinner but after he told me what his logo work goes, for that steak seemed like a good deal lol. Before deciding to go with the slogan "bringing show car quality to your front door", I drove myself crazy for weeks trying to come up with something original that would make my business stand out from the local hacks and high school wash boys. Image means a lot, especially to new clients. Logos, slogans, advertising, etc should have a lot of thought and effort put into it in order for it to work for your business in my opinion. Otherwise you will likely blend in with the others. In a market where you can find a "detailer" on Craigslist for $20, you have to make yourself stand out from that stigma and give your work a better image than those guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it. I would base your slogan off your name, not the other way around. Seems like you may have picked that name because of that catchy slogan. Nonetheless, it`s still a good idea.

The common threat I see is people using their first name, or something that related directly to them. This way customers can identify with something.

Also, be prepared to educate potential customers. That`s part of the "extra mile" to earn business.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone. I`m Gonna use the name and the slogan cause i do go that "Extra Mile" for my clients. Im sure I can create my own logo if i put my mind to it. now on to pricing and services. Man i love this place!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Luvs - pricing is going to depend a lot on the market your targeting. And the services you offer. As Mike Phillips says all the time "Match your services to your clients".

I`d also suggest getting a website up and running, an add on craigslist and sign up for all the free sites you can. Such as google places, bing, yp.com, etc. I have gotten a lot of business just by having my website up. People can go there and check out examples of my work, my services, price ranges, and reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

to add to what Jay said about free exposure; social networking sites like facebook and twitter can help. Seems like everyone these days and their parents are on those sites.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    to add to what Jay said about free exposure; social networking sites like facebook and twitter can help. Seems like everyone these days and their parents are on those sites.
    Good advice, forgot to mention those. I`m up on Twitter and Facebook.

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly tell you that I`ve made more money from Facebook than any other avenue, ever. I took the plunge into their advertising and was surprised that it is affordable and as effective as it gets. A marketing firm couldn`t get you the exposure that Facebook can when its done right.

Post Thanks / Like

Mrclean - the facebook ad stuff I kind of looked into. You pay by the click right? So if someone clicks on the ad just to look at it you still have to pay whatever the charge is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJays View Post
    Mrclean - the facebook ad stuff I kind of looked into. You pay by the click right? So if someone clicks on the ad just to look at it you still have to pay whatever the charge is?
    There are two ways of doing it. Pay per click or pay per 1000 impressions which is what you want when selling a service or product. Its set up on a bid system and the higher you bid the more your ad runs. What I like about it is that you can narrow down your ad and run it to a certain group of people in a certain area. A good example is a friend of mine who is a photographer specializing in wedding photos. Her ad is narrowed down to target women between 18 and 50 who are living within 100 miles and their status is "engaged". She stays swammped with work and 80% of it comes from Facebook.

Thread Information