Post Thanks / Like

Fleet detailing prices

Hi I am starting a new detailing shop i wanted to know how much should i charge for fleet detailing for cars,work vans,boxed trucks like a U.P.S truck and bucket trucks also i wanted to know how much should i charge for boat and RV detailing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fleet detailing prices

oh boy...Depends what the expectations are,what your monthly expenses for the shop are going to be, how much you need to make per month to meet those expenses, what kind of experience you have (which I am assuming isn`t that much if you don`t know what to charge to detail vehicles) how much product you will be using on these fleets, factor in if you have the right machines, pads, microfibers, etc....You need to give us some kind of information on what type of work is going to be done...a quick cleaning compared to full on detailing can be hundreds of dollars in difference
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Post Thanks / Like

OK I will be doing a express wash n wax and just the external wash on the fleet details..I have been detailing for about two years know so i know what type of chemicals and thing of that nature. its just that i never had to put together a fleet package price be for. I also never detailed a boat or RV be for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dtrick.22 View Post
    oh boy...Depends what the expectations are,what your monthly expenses for the shop are going to be, how much you need to make per month to meet those expenses, what kind of experience you have (which I am assuming isn`t that much if you don`t know what to charge to detail vehicles) how much product you will be using on these fleets, factor in if you have the right machines, pads, microfibers, etc....You need to give us some kind of information on what type of work is going to be done...a quick cleaning compared to full on detailing can be hundreds of dollars in difference
    Agreed. An easy way to get a ballpark price figured is to figure up all of your overhead, personal expenses outside of work, and if you plan to go legit then you have taxes and insurance on top of that. Figure all of that up and decide how much you need to make per hour. Get your system for express details down to an average time, and charge accordingly. RVs are normally easy and clean up quickly. Black streaks are the normal nightmare for detailers but there are plenty of products on the market to help you along with those.

Post Thanks / Like

OK but i just wanted to know the average amount they coast so the can see how much my expenses are then i will know if i have to make it more or keep it the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwhite View Post
    OK but i just wanted to know the average amount they coast so the can see how much my expenses are then i will know if i have to make it more or keep it the same.
    I don`t do express stuff anymore but when I had my shop and a couple boys doing the express details, I was charging $25 for a hand wash and vacuum and $40 if they wanted wax.

Post Thanks / Like

OK thanks for all the help.

Thread Information