Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

C l o s e u p s h o p

It has been a long couple of days thinking this over but I have decided to close up my weekend detailing business. I recently started working at a new job and the hours are pretty demanding. We are working at least 63 hours a week. Besides those 63 hours, I am putting in another 15 to 30 detailing. This is leaving little to no time for my young family.
    I have two small children ages 6 and 4 that are not going to stay small much longer. Money that i have been making is great but money isn`t everything. One of my customer this past weekend seen my kids looking out the window when he was picking up his car. He asked if those were my kids and then said "There will always be cars to shine, but those kids will not stay young." So for now i have to close up shop.
    I visit this site very often and have found tons of answers to questions. I will continue to read and learn here and continue to love detailing. Some things have to take priority though.

Thank everyone for all the help.

Maestro of Microfiber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: C l o s e u p s h o p

Tough decision, Kris, but a good one. Your customer is right...they`re only young once and they grow up fast.

You`ll always have detailing to come back to if the job changes or when your kids get older.
    My Indian Name is "Runs With Beer"

The Whaler Loves Detail City rabbi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You have made a wise decision!.
    "I`m staying out of it."

Post Thanks / Like

Or get them involved not sure how young they are but maybe just cut back on your business and do one car a weekend or something. Just throwing out another perspective!
    Hudd`s Mobile Auto Detailing
    "At Your Door Auto Care"

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for cutting back...Even if it is just 2 cars twice a year and they be my cars!! How does that sound? lol

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milgrad View Post
    I vote for cutting back...Even if it is just 2 cars twice a year and they be my cars!! How does that sound? lol
    Adam,

I`ll keep this option in mind. I`ll be in touch with you.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHA OK sounds good...I will even help out with the details...How is the phone working out for you? mine just died yesterday..won`t even turn on...waiting for a replacement...

Post Thanks / Like

Dont miss out on your family and kids, they grow up way to fast. Our oldest son just graduated high school this past spring and it seems like just yesterday he was 6 yrs. old smoking a wiffle ball off my forehead laughing running for first base. LOL You can always detail when you feel you have time. Enjoy !

For the record that really did happen, but wasnt that funny at the time !

Thread Information