"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Organizing (Space saving)

One of the things I have struggled with while detailing mobile is organization while performing the day`s work. I found it easy in the rush of things to lose track of polishes, dressings and a big one for me is fumbling around looking for the right backing plate.

Here are a few things that I have done to save space and to simplify things a little.

I used to carry all this stuff with me plus the other necessary tools and accessories to detail a car.

I have found that not only were all these products taking up a lot of space but the heat of the summer months was taking it`s toll on my products. Some of my polishes were thinning out like water due to the heat. First I would tackle the backing plate issue so I got one of these adapters for my DA polisher.

This way all I would have to carry would be these backing plates and two of them would be installed on the machines so really I would only need to have one extra backing plate in my goody bag.

Then I would kill two birds with one stone by getting these handy 8 ounce bottles and filling them with the amount of products needed to do the days production. So here I not only save space but in the event one of my polishes gets too hot and becomes runny it will only be the remainder of an 8 ounce bottle that is ruined instead of the remainder of a quart sized bottle.

Oh, I almost forgot about the edge 2000 pad system. This setup will also be a breeze to install on either polisher.

So instead of having a giant bag of stuff to carry around, all of my stuff will fit in this little bag. (excluding the buckets, towels, mitt, and machines)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Organizing (Space saving)

Since going to a car show is somewhat similar to mobile detailing I started doing that years ago.
    I don`t take polish or a polisher but everything else and I use the small bottles and refill anything that I used before going to the next show.

I do not even carry the 16 to 20 ounce sprayers of QD I pour them into a much smaller bottle.

I always carry a couple kinds of Glaze because if I find a minor paint flaw at the show I can hide it and correct it when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, Dave! Where did you find the BP adapter?
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

I keep all my products in the 8oz autogeek bottles. They take up less room and products will go bad in this florida heat. All larger bottles stay in the a/c and I refill what is needed for the truck in the morning.

Thread Information