Post Thanks / Like

Spammers on Craigslist

It had been a long time since i had posted my ad on Craigslist, and since Im now mobile only, i figured it was time. I had never posted my phone # or email in the ad before and i had never had a single spammer so i didnt realize the extent of this bs. Within the first hour (this is 1am) my email, which is through blackberry for business purposes, had 11 messages...all spam. This is gone non stop for a week now. My business email has now become more spammed up than my hotmail account. 10 minutes ago i got a phone call from some guy with a very strong accent who "saw my ad and wanted to tell me about skillcove.com". I almost feel bad about cussing the guy so badly, but i feel like we as business men and women are being taken advantage of by these people. Its bad enough that Im now compeating with $40 "full details" on there, but thats a customers choice and that detailers right to post or charge whatever they want, and i cant as a business owner publically say what i think about it. I dont mean to bring my bitterness toward Craigslist to DC. I just want to warn people about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spammers on Craigslist

Capitalism is tough. In a service industry, you are always competing competition with varying degrees of experience (none to great).

I like the "I fix $5 haircuts" commercial... "I fix $40 full details" You either compete on price or educate them on the difference to persuade them. Of course, many will still choose price.

Good luck.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

craigs list anymore is a spammers paradise !
    LOST YOUR GLOSS ? COME GLOW WITH US !

Post Thanks / Like

I would NEVER put my phone number on CL. Sorry to hear you`re having so much trouble, though.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Thread Information