Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are some of the services you guy`s up sell?

I was attempting to re structure my thinking as a detailer and how I sell my services and was thinking of some additional services that I could up sell above and beyond the regular detail. so far I came up with this short list.

Tuscarora Dave’s Mobile Auto Detailing also offers an additional list of services including but not limited to, leather conditioning, odor removal, engine bay detailing, aluminum polishing(wheels, toolboxes etc.), brass polishing,
    Please if you will list some of the things that you detailers here at DC. would consider as an up sell. I am looking for both detailing related services and also services to be considered outside the box such as power washing or whatever else one could make money doing. Thanks in advance to all who reply creatively. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are some of the services you guy`s up sell?

I have started business relationships with a mobile painter and a paintless dent removal man. This allows me to offer a one stop shop for lease turn in services. Customers have brought their vehicles to me for detailing before turning them in. Often they have asked me about these services. Now it`s just a matter of scheduling these guys to come and do the work before I start on the detailing aspect. I purchase these services at a wholesale price and then charge my customers retail.
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Thanks for the reply Kurt. How are things there in NJ anyway? I have a very diverse work history so I can do little odd jobs too like fence mending and lawn mower repair and other stuff. I believe there are opportunities to earn $$$$ everywhere, being mobile I could have a few extra tools with me.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Paintless Dent Repair
    2. Bumper repair
    3. Interior Repairs
    4. Wheel Repairs
    5. Tint
    6. Paint Protection Film
    7. Headlight Restoration
    8. Touch Up
    9. Pin Stripe
    10. Odor Removal

You don`t need to offer them all. Just find the ones that the most ROI.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Nice Thanks for the reply Kurt. How are things there in NJ anyway? I have a very diverse work history so I can do little odd jobs too like fence mending and lawn mower repair and other stuff. I believe there are opportunities to earn $$$$ everywhere, being mobile I could have a few extra tools with me.
    Things have been picking up around here the last few weeks so I`m happy about that. It`s either feast or famine the last few months and right now its feast On your business card you could mention something about handyman services. I know alot of your business is word of mouth so those extra skills could be marketed quite easy. Just a thought

Ron made some really good points as well. You are definitely skilled enough to learn some of those services he has listed. Some only require a small investment and can be self taught. Recently I have been doing the paint protection film which was self taught.
    Kurt

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Teaming with a PDR tech, glass repair tech, tint installers, protection film installers, leather repair etc. can work to benefit both parties via referrals. Depending on the amount of referral work you can discuss "finder fee" compensation. Of course you can decide to pick up the trades on your own, but that will certainly cut into you time and you will need to spend time and money for training tools/supplies. Then a pretty steady stream of business to maintain the requisite skills to put out top tier quality of work

The bumper repair is interesting, I know wholesalers have "bumper shops", specializing in repair and/or replacement. It would seem to me that you would need access to a paint booth and be subject to some EPA regulation to do that job right.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Dewey,Cheatem & Howe ESQ.
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: What are some of the services you guy`s up sell?

EVERYTHING, don`t YOU??

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t mix your detailing services with something non-related. If you want to offer handyman services then have a separate entity for that.

Don`t print on your business cards "Auto Detail & Handyman" because that says to customers that you`re a jack of all trades, master of none.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post
    Don`t mix your detailing services with something non-related. If you want to offer handyman services then have a separate entity for that.

Don`t print on your business cards "Auto Detail & Handyman" because that says to customers that you`re a jack of all trades, master of none.

Anthony
    I believe this is very sound advice.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony O. View Post

Anthony
    That`s a good point I wasnt really thinking of it that way
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

Auto, boat, RV, semi, and classic show cars. We offer headlight restoration, permanant odor removal using ozone generators, overspray removal, steam cleaning, steam washing, chrome or aluminum polish, engine and undercarriage details, undercoating, wet sand, buff, machine polish, and paint sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies, I especially like the Jack of all trades master of none advice. I certainly don`t want that reputation.

Acrylic Paint Conditioner Gus-Gus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to up-sell my bikini detail... but that didn`t work.. guess i just don`t have the figure for that anymore...

In all honesty if you are good at what you do and you are enthusiastic about it you can sell anything you want because people can read yer confidence and enthusiasm and know you will do a good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus-Gus View Post
    I tried to up-sell my bikini detail... but that didn`t work.. guess i just don`t have the figure for that anymore... .
    Maybe if we team up we could make a killer on that
    D-Trick Detailing
    Missed a spot!

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

although i never really had the chance to upsell many extras, hopefully I can get good enough at getting higher end vehicles at some point where i can look at upselling the following ..

-multi stage paint restoration/waxing
    -swirl polishing/basic waxing
    -leather cleaning/reconditioning
    -soon ill test my hands at headlight/tailight restoration to try for myself .
    etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information