Post Thanks / Like

Input on first business card

Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and really loving it. I am thinking to start sometime this month I wanted to get some feedback on the front of the business card. I still haven`t sent it for printing. I did the design myself. My idea of a business card is it has to be to the point, nothing redundant, simple easy to read. I am also going to be using a theme - black background with yellow lettering on all of my promotional materials - cards, flyers, website, trailer wrap and so on. Tell me what you think!

I will soon be posting pics of my rig when it is absolutely ready.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Input on first business card

In like it and you will get lots of opinions but do you need the email and web site listed?

The web site would be the only one I would list, making it less busy.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

You mean why list both the email AND website?

Well, I don`t think a potential client need to go to the website to get the email if that is all he wanted. Most of the business cards that I see put both. I guess it is like a "standard". Btw, the website I am still working on, so if you tried it in a browser it would not return a web page. Yet

Post Thanks / Like

put your web site in big letters ! as far as email......include a contact page on oyur web site that you can receive email. also you can find out more what they have by listing make model of vehicle color, problems they are having etc. plus you get their email addy and a contact phone number.

you might also want to list briefly some of your services that you specialize in, that way if they need those, they will be more apt to keep your card for future reference. Above all make sure the card is easily readable...sometimes colors make it hard to read.it may look attractive , but be hard to read. I use this company FAX Cards you can google them 1000 cards are like 35.00 with raised type set.I have used them for over 20 years they are great. Just send them your readable file.and they bill you with your cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartoysautospa View Post
    put your web site in big letters ! as far as email......include a contact page on oyur web site that you can receive email. also you can find out more what they have by listing make model of vehicle color, problems they are having etc. plus you get their email addy and a contact phone number.

you might also want to list briefly some of your services that you specialize in, that way if they need those, they will be more apt to keep your card for future reference. Above all make sure the card is easily readable...sometimes colors make it hard to read.it may look attractive , but be hard to read. I use this company FAX Cards you can google them 1000 cards are like 35.00 with raised type set.I have used them for over 20 years they are great. Just send them your readable file.and they bill you with your cards.

Thanks for the input. I will list services on the back of the card with some marketing strategy - either some % off first service or earning stamps, and a referral program of some sort. The "earning stamp" strategy is good I think because clients would be less likely to throw away the card in the process of saving money basically. The reason I am not putting the web site with bigger letters is that I will be using it for prestige the first few months, rather than generating new clients. I first want to see how will everything turn out in the beginning. This economy is really stressing me out and I would rather play it safe. I think for the business card ordering I will use printplace..com, as Troy mentioned in a thread I read recently - the prices are similar to the ones you mentioned - around $35 for 1000 pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I never use those gimmicks I call them for ie wash cards discounts etc. for this reason, once you start off discounting your services it`s hard to go up on your prices. you are better off to start your prices modestly so you can gradually go up from there. as far as referral`s I always tell my client`s that I will hook them up next time for the added business. after a client has come to me for a year I then give them a 20% discount off my services for being a good client. that will keep them coming back. This economy is tough but what you need to remember which is a good thing in our business, people are not trading their cars like they were in the past....they will spend a few hundred or thousand to preserve them for a little longer, until times get moving along. I have seen my average per car go up $75.00 per car in the last 6 months due to this. Don`t sell yourself or your business short.If your business is not making $65.00 per hour or more it`s not worth it.
    People will pay you good money , if you can rectify their problem with their vehicle, and when you do is when they send all of their friends over to see you.If you want to generate new clients ,do so with how you do your work.............let your work be the marketing tool. I also have some decals printed up that I place on the inside windshield after I complete every car it has my logo and my phone number on it. I place it in the corner of the drivers side windshield...they see that sticker every time they get in their car 365 days a year they see cartoys auto spa.......it gets imprinted in their brain. Remember it`s the small stuff that get`s you business. No amount of printed or spent advertising will bring you more revenue than an example of your work. That is why I stress to my employees...when you put that sticker in the window of our client`s car.....your like a artist signing your work. when that car leaves....that is your advertising !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cartoysautospa View Post
    I never use those gimmicks I call them for ie wash cards discounts etc. for this reason, once you start off discounting your services it`s hard to go up on your prices. you are better off to start your prices modestly so you can gradually go up from there. as far as referral`s I always tell my client`s that I will hook them up next time for the added business. after a client has come to me for a year I then give them a 20% discount off my services for being a good client. that will keep them coming back. This economy is tough but what you need to remember which is a good thing in our business, people are not trading their cars like they were in the past....they will spend a few hundred or thousand to preserve them for a little longer, until times get moving along. I have seen my average per car go up $75.00 per car in the last 6 months due to this. Don`t sell yourself or your business short.If your business is not making $65.00 per hour or more it`s not worth it.
    People will pay you good money , if you can rectify their problem with their vehicle, and when you do is when they send all of their friends over to see you.If you want to generate new clients ,do so with how you do your work.............let your work be the marketing tool. I also have some decals printed up that I place on the inside windshield after I complete every car it has my logo and my phone number on it. I place it in the corner of the drivers side windshield...they see that sticker every time they get in their car 365 days a year they see cartoys auto spa.......it gets imprinted in their brain. Remember it`s the small stuff that get`s you business. No amount of printed or spent advertising will bring you more revenue than an example of your work. That is why I stress to my employees...when you put that sticker in the window of our client`s car.....your like a artist signing your work. when that car leaves....that is your advertising !
    Thanks, man. This is all valuable information for me. I appreciate everybody`s feedback!

Post Thanks / Like

I would ditch the Owner/Operator title and use Customer Service . Unless you`re into titles, then keep it. Customer Service says what the customer is seeking, in just two words.

If you have a contact form at the website, it may be best to refine the look by removing the info@ line.

The layout is and color format are excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    I like it.
    1X I think it looks good bro . I also agree with Beemer... I would just put the web address.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for digging up a corpse
    Get your shine on!

Thread Information