Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday Card, Gift

It has been a pretty good year for me detailing cars this year. I have a few customers that really made that possible. All of my business is word of mouth and I was thinking of some way to say thank you and happy holidays to a few of my best customers. I have maybe 2 or 3 customers this year that referred quite a few new customers to me . This has almost doubled my business for 2009.
    Do any of you send Christmas cards to your best customers or send gift baskets? I am looking for ideas. I want to spend between $20-$50.00. I want to just send a small token of appreciation.
    What are your thoughts

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Holiday Card, Gift

If you feel compelled to do so, then by all means do it. I can see it going both ways, as a business man thanking your customers for their business, but at the same time we are service providers and often we are the ones on the receiving end of Christmas "gratuities" (think barber/hair stylist, newspaper carrier, doormen, maids, janitors, etc.). I think if I were to give my customers (many who are friend as much as customer) I would give them something in the way of a gift certificate for discounted services (or free if you wish) which works out to a win/win fory you and for them. If you are feeling particularly flush with generosity, then perhaps give a gift that will be a continual reminder of you and your services. That is to say a restaurant gift certificate may be forgotten soon after the meal is consumed.

Official Wax Waster atkinsonair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never thought of giving discount coupons as a gift to my customers as gifts, Thats Genius!!! Thats a good one for me, Thanks Mr Clean. Kris could you do some home made cookies, everyone love chocolate chip cookies in a dollar store bought basket and put the coupon in the basket with cookies.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the certificate for your services too. It doesn`t actually cost you "face value" like a certificate to a restaurant would and you can use it as a business expense.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Thread Information