Post Thanks / Like

Custom E-mail address

How would I go about getting a "professional`` email address like many of you have? Example: something@(company name).com. I have my regular email address that my customers contact me at, but I want something more professional like many of you have. Sorry if this question has already been asked, I couldn`t find anything on it... Thanks in advance, Erich.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Custom E-mail address

I believe you need a website to set up one of those addresses. Someone that has one can confirm that and can possibly give information on setting one of these up.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

call a website designer and pay him to design you a site so you can have that URL that you want, or google website creation and do your homework and start your own.I am not computer savy so I will eventually pay someone to do it or work it out on the barter system.

Post Thanks / Like

If you don`t need or want a web site, but still want your own email, all you need to do is use a hosting company, purchase your domain name, setup the email at the hosting company, and you will be able to receive emails within 24 to 72 hours. Then if you want a web site later on, you can go create it or hire someone to create it and deploy to your server that you are leasing from the hosting company. Prices at different sites can differ depending on the platform, (i.e. Windows Server or Linux), anywhere from $7 (Linux) or $8 (Windows) per month for unlimited data transfer, unlimited email addresses, unlimited web sites/domains to $40 per month. I use to do my own hosting, but it is cheaper for me to lease a site. You can google "web hosting" and see some different price ranges.
    A new year to a new beginning.

Post Thanks / Like

You should really consider getting your company a web site. You will then need a server to host it. That is where you will have the option to use your company name in your email address after you register your domain name. I am currently using 2amnetwork to host my site. Bluehost is another low priced hosting company. I designed/developed my web site myself. Had to learn (X)HTML and CSS but it was worth it as I can work as a freelance web site developer on my own time for an extra income if needed.
    www.customautodetailing.net

Post Thanks / Like

I got my hosting through 1and1.com and I`ve been extremely satisfied. Getting the email set up was about the easiest thing ever. I have it all forwarded to my Gmail account and I can even respond from my domain from Gmail. It is way slick. You can get a domain with email for a couple bucks a month on 1and1 if that is all you are after. I host half a dozen domains with 1and1 and I`m not paying more than maybe $120 per year if that. All I know is my Google Adsense revenue pays for the site, so it hasn`t ever cost me a dime.

Thread Information