Thread: Record Keeping

Kris's Car Care
    Post Thanks / Like

Record Keeping

How do you keep track of what service you have provided to your customers, what products you used, and what you charged?

I started last year keeping track of all the details that i have performed. I am using I calendar on my powerbook and on my ipod touch. I keep track of everything down to what products I have used. I have mainly kept track for return customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Record Keeping

I buy invoice sheets from Staples. I used to use Excel and type in my process and the price in differnt columns. But on the invoice sheets I bought there is a space for "description of work". That is where I write what process I used....It came in handy recently. I had a customer from about 5 months ago call me back saying I left horrible buffer marks on the driver side of the car. When I listened to the voicemail I was shocked because I know I never leave marks. I looked back in my records and all I did was a light compound with my PC on a white pad. Followed by a glaze, and a wax. I also always take pictures during the detail. The marks were not in the picture, and I had records from the process I used on the car. She decided to back off since I had my records together. When I did get a chance to see the car again I could clearly tell the marks were from improper washing, not my buffer....So keep your records, they might save you someday.

Thread Information