My Website

Please check out my website and let me know how I an improve it

www.sullysdetailing.com

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Website

You have a few typos in there, Look at your paint correction section for both cars and trucks you used the word produces used, Should be products used right? and in your headlight restoration section you might want to add an "S" to increase safety as all others below say increases.

Seems a bit risky to say that your headlight restorations are going to last the life of the car just because you use the finest wolfgang products. I use some pretty fine products on my headlight restorations and they don`t last for the life of the car. I tell my customers that the clarity may last a year or two and that if they purchase the service, the next time they book a full detail with me I will go over the headlights as part of the detail to bring back the clarity.

I don`t know what your market will allow as far as pricing goes, but your pricing seems a bit too low. around here when my pricing was similar to yours, some people turned away after telling me that the prices seemed too low. They thought they were dealing with an amature...and at the time they were.

just a few thoughts that I had while looking over your site. Ultimately I think your site looks nice though. TD

Post Thanks / Like

I like it, good job. Very informative in the FAQ section to customers who may not know what their vehicle needs.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the FAQ answers seem a little misleading - Three layer protection, yet one of those "layers" is polish? Then later on you tell about the difference between "buffing" (using polish) and waxing.

It looks professional, I think you should double check for typos and errors, and you`ll be good on that front.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

Result: 51 Errors, 6 warning(s)
    Address: Home Page
    Modified: (undefined)
    Server: Apache
    Size: (undefined)
    Content-Type: text/html
    Encoding: utf-8
    Doctype: XHTML 1.0 Transitional
    Root Element: html
    Root Namespace: XHTML namespace
    www.customautodetailing.net

Post Thanks / Like

W3C CSS Validator results for Home Page (CSS level 2.1)

Sorry! We found the following errors (7)
    URI : http://www.sullysdetailing.com/theme.css?2057308266
    33 .sf_header_wrapper Property sf_edit doesn`t exist : true
    43 .sf_extra2 Property sf_edit doesn`t exist : true
    166 #Nav1 iframe attempt to find a semi-colon before the property name. add it
    166 #Nav1 iframe Property progid doesn`t exist : DXImageTransform
    166 #Nav1 iframe Parse Error DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(style=0,opacity=0 );
    170 Parse Error : 3px; } .sf_navigation
    URI : Home Page
    88 Parse Error

Post Thanks / Like

Connection Rate Download Time
    14.4K------------92.92 seconds
    28.8K------------48.06 seconds
    33.6K------------41.65 seconds
    56K--------------26.27 seconds
    ISDN 128K-------10.27 seconds
    T1 1.44Mbps-----3.81 seconds

Post Thanks / Like

* TOTAL_HTML - Congratulations, the total number of HTML files on this page (including the main HTML file) is 1 which most browsers can multithread. Minimizing HTTP requests is key for web site optimization. Y
    * TOTAL_OBJECTS - Caution. You have 16 total objects on this page. From 12 to 20 objects per page, the latency due to object overhead makes up from 75% to 80% of the delay of the average web page. See Figure II-3: Relative distribution of latency components showing that object overhead dominates web page latency in Website Optimization Secrets for more details. Consider reducing, eliminating, and combining external objects (graphics, CSS, JavaScript, iFrames and XHTML) to reduce the total number of objects, and thus separate HTTP requests. Consider using CSS sprites to help consolidate decorative images.
    * TOTAL_IMAGES - Caution. You have a moderate amount of images on this page (9 ). Consider using fewer images on the site or try reusing the same image in multiple pages to take advantage of caching. Using CSS techniques such as colored backgrounds, borders, or spacing instead of graphic techniques can help reduce HTTP requests.
    * TOTAL_CSS - Caution. The total number of external CSS files on this page is 4 , consider reducing this to a more reasonable number. Because external CSS files must be in the HEAD of your HTML document, they must load first before any BODY content displays. Although they are cached upon subsequent requests, CSS files slow down the initial display of your page. Combine, refine, and optimize your external CSS files. Ideally you should have one (or even embed CSS for high-traffic pages) on your pages. You can optimize CSS files using shorthand properties, grouping, and then minify and GZIP compress them to reduce their footprint. Remember to place CSS files in the HEAD and JavaScript files at the end of the BODY to enable progressive display.
    * TOTAL_SIZE - Caution. The total size of this page is 115760 bytes, which will load in over 20 seconds on a 56Kbps modem - or 26.27 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 100K to achieve sub 20 second response times on 56K connections. Be sure to provide feedback for pages over 100K by layering your design to display useful content within the first two seconds. Consider optimizing your site with Website Optimization Secrets, Speed Up Your Site or contacting us about our optimization services.
    * TOTAL_SCRIPT - Congratulations, the total number of external script files on this page is 2 . External scripts are less reliably cached than CSS files so consider combining scripts into one to minimize HTTP requests, or even embedding them into high-traffic pages. Placing external JavaScript files at the bottom of your BODY, and CSS files in the HEAD enables progressive display in XHTML web pages.
    * HTML_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of this HTML file is 6287 bytes, which less than 50K. Assuming that you specify the HEIGHT and WIDTH of your images, this size allows your HTML to display content in under 10 seconds, the average time users are willing to wait for a page to display without feedback.
    * IMAGES_SIZE - Caution. The total size of all your images is 100561 bytes, which exceeds 50K. Consider optimizing and creatively cropping your images, and combining them where appropriate. Even better, replace graphic text and form controls with styled text to eliminate unnecessary HTTP requests. Ideally each image should be less than 1160 bytes, to easily fit into one TCP-IP packet.
    * SCRIPT_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of all your external scripts is 2696 bytes, which is less than 8K.
    * CSS_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of your external CSS is 6216 bytes, which is less than 8K.
    * MULTIM_SIZE - Congratulations, the total size of all your external multimedia files is 0 bytes, which is less than 10K.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about all the responses. I got a little carried away. Just the web site designer/developer in me . Nice site over all. Easy to navigate and laid out well. What type of SEO are you doing for it?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I dont know what any of that means lol. I used a Go Daddy Layout and I made my logo in CS3 and I went from there lol

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

The sites good and is easy to navigate which is key. SEO is Search Engine Optimization. Good SEO will improve your rankings in the various search engines and possibly get you on the first page. It involves a lot of different strategies to do that. You want your site to list in the top for your keywords. Most people rarely go past the second page in a search engine when trying to find what there looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

How can I get good SEO?

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

To answer that question would take more time and pages than I have. It is also very time consuming learning how these search engine bots crawl your site and what they look for. I still have so much more to do. Shoot me an email and I`ll see if I can help. damage762@hotmail.com

Thread Information