Post Thanks / Like

Starting part time...Need advice.

Alright, I started doing some basic detailing first for some family members and them some friends around town, I have always used their water and hoses, and electrical outlets for vacuuming. Do any of you also use your customers water, hoses, and electrical outlets? Word has gotten out around town that my work is very good and now I have received some calls wanting some work done, what do I say to them about using their water, hose etc., do they really even care? should I charge them less?

I was laid off from my job recently so this is just part time to make extra cash, plus I really enjoy auto detailing, for me it`s really rewarding.

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting part time...Need advice.

to D.C. use the "SEARCH FORUMS MODE" There is not much that hasn`t already been covered.
    After doing this, and you may have a specific question. Post Away P.S. Sorry to here about Lay off. Unfortunately I feel we still have not seen the end of this(Recession/Lay offs)Keep your chin up, some of tha most trying times of my life have been tha best learning/growing experiences that I would not trade for a million dollars
    Not trying to get all computerevangelistic on you but you might wanna "SEARCH FORUMS" in tha BIBLE.Turn your worry`s to him.Philippians 4:6-8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NCA View Post
    Alright, I started doing some basic detailing first for some family members and them some friends around town, I have always used their water and hoses, and electrical outlets for vacuuming. Do any of you also use your customers water, hoses, and electrical outlets? Word has gotten out around town that my work is very good and now I have received some calls wanting some work done, what do I say to them about using their water, hose etc., do they really even care? should I charge them less?

I was laid off from my job recently so this is just part time to make extra cash, plus I really enjoy auto detailing, for me it`s really rewarding.

Thanks for the help guys.
    To start welcome to the site from Sonoma County CA

I have done a small amount of mobile stuff and for everyone that I have worked with its been no big deal. Just to make sure to tell them up front that you are not set up for water and electrical...haven`t had one say no to me...in most cases for me they offered up the garage to work in..but if not get yourself one of those pop-up tents to work under...come summer it will be needed.

Again welcome to the site, the search feature will give you tons of info on what you are embarking on
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response....Glad to be here lot`s of great and needed info...The pop up tent will be useful here in Seattle.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to D.C. Beemer gave you the best advise.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsad View Post
    Welcome to D.C. Beemer gave you the best advise.
    yea,Beemerboy is tha man.... Look at how long he has been around and all them fancy green dots... He definetely is one of tha `GOOD OLE BOYS"Sorry for offering my ridicoulous advice.Please forgive me ":i`msadsac"

Thread Information