Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lying cheating detailers

OK...

I talked to a "guy" today, who, I guess, details.......or hacks I guess you can say. Said he has been detailing for a "while"...

He seen my trailer and came up to me. Asking me questions. Windows was one of the topics. He asked if I cleaned windows if they looked clean.....

ummmm. O.......K..........

I said yes, why. He said he saves time by not doing windows if they look clean....... Another....O.........K..........

Whay would anyone do that? If a customer pays for something, don`t you think they should get it? Even if windows are spotless, I still go over them. Never know, the customer could have left a finger print hidden on a windo on purpose somewhere.....lol

Why do people like to cheat customers out of money and cut corners?
    It is hackers like that, that give honest detailers like me a BAD NAME, and it pises me off!

BTW, I asked if they ever been to DetailCity......His response....
    "Where is that? What state?"
    I left it at that, as I did not think having a "Hack" join the forum was a good thing......

People these days............................
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lying cheating detailers

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    I left it at that, as I did not think having a "Hack" join the forum was a good thing......
    While I agree with your entire post, this statement I really agree with.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

OK...

I talked to a "guy" today, who, I guess, details.......or hacks I guess you can say. Said he has been detailing for a "while"...

He seen my trailer and came up to me. Asking me questions. Windows was one of the topics. He asked if I cleaned windows if they looked clean.....

ummmm. O.......K..........

I said yes, why. He said he saves time by not doing windows if they look clean....... Another....O.........K..........

Whay would anyone do that? If a customer pays for something, don`t you think they should get it? Even if windows are spotless, I still go over them. Never know, the customer could have left a finger print hidden on a windo on purpose somewhere.....lol

Why do people like to cheat customers out of money and cut corners?
    It is hackers like that, that give honest detailers like me a BAD NAME, and it pises me off!

BTW, I asked if they ever been to DetailCity......His response....
    "Where is that? What state?"

People these days............................

I agree with you on this. Few years back I had a SUV that I had to get done for a freind, I had just had an operation on my neck so I wasn`t in my best shape. I called a local mobile guy to come out. He went over the paint once with a AIO product, you could still feel all kinds of stuff on the paint. He used the same MF towel to clean the inside and window at the same time.

I could go on with what I saw him doing, I had to work on the car for another 2 hours after he left so that I could feel good about turning it back to the customer.

I also call the local detailers when I see ad`s and some of the replies that they give me about there service makes me wonder how they get jobs

This guy was a hacker big time
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that there are far to many people who get into this business to make a quick buck. They think they can do a good enough job to get paid and go home and have no regrets. There just arnt enough of us who actually care. Its sad but its the truth
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    I have found that there are far to many people who get into this business to make a quick buck. They think they can do a good enough job to get paid and go home and have no regrets. There just arnt enough of us who actually care. Its sad but its the truth
    CD

The sad part is the these guys get cars, hack them up, miff off some customer and that ruins it for them, they don`t trust anyone after that.

I`ve had a few of those customers, they ask me about a million questions. I tell them this, I will do the car for free if you can point out to me why your are not happy with the results. I`ve never had to give my details away

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think all of us here appreciate that

I tried to save time once by only dressing three tires.
    (accidentally of course)

Another time I spent quite a bit of time polishing out this black Porsche and after I was done with the whole detail, I realized that I missed polishing the entire driver`s door. It stuck out like a sore thumb, I`m still scratching my head wondering how I missed it. Luckily I noticed it before presenting it to the customer. It`s rough getting old.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity
    I think all of us here appreciate that

I tried to save time once by only dressing three tires.
    (accidentally of course)

Another time I spent quite a bit of time polishing out this black Porsche and after I was done with the whole detail, I realized that I missed polishing the entire driver`s door. It stuck out like a sore thumb, I`m still scratching my head wondering how I missed it. Luckily I noticed it before presenting it to the customer. It`s rough getting old.

Troy
    Troy

I`ve done things like that, what happens to me is if I attack a car in a different method that I normally use, I can forget to go over a panel.

I have one way in which I start and finish the paint, if I change that it messes me up every time

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

if a large guy walks into mcdonalds and asks for a burger, are they gonna give him his meal? yes. if some pays you to detail their car(including windows), are you going to do it? yes. well thats how my mind works. they paid for it and whether they "need" the service or not isnt really our choice. if they decided they want it, then you do it. end of discussion, that guy is a tool and he`s ruining detailers reputations all over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Troy

I`ve done things like that, what happens to me is if I attack a car in a different method that I normally use, I can forget to go over a panel.

I have one way in which I start and finish the paint, if I change that it messes me up every time
    I kept getting interrupted, that was my problem on that job.

Seriously though, hacks that under charge and under deliver really do bother me as well.

The ones that do decent work, but don`t charge enough for their services drive me nuts too. They go out of business a year later because it wasn`t worth it to them. It makes me have to convince new customers that we are spending quality time on their car and our rates need to reflect that.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    if a large guy walks into mcdonalds and asks for a burger, are they gonna give him his meal? yes. if some pays you to detail their car(including windows), are you going to do it? yes. well thats how my mind works. they paid for it and whether they "need" the service or not isnt really our choice. if they decided they want it, then you do it. end of discussion, that guy is a tool and he`s ruining detailers reputations all over

I did an SUV last year that was done by another detailer a month before, They didn`t clean or do anything to the roof of the SUV....LOL

The guy asked me do you wax the roof, I said that if its attached to the car then yes

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I did an SUV last year that was done by another detailer a month before, They didn`t clean or do anything to the roof of the SUV....LOL

The guy asked me do you wax the roof, I said that if its attached to the car then yes
    That is pretty common around here.

Post Thanks / Like

That is pretty common around here.
    Your kidding me?

Most of the time when I do a SUV I do the tops by hand but never not at all

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Your kidding me?

Most of the time when I do a SUV I do the tops by hand but never not at all
    Well more often than not, you can tell there wasn`t much done to the roof on an SUV. It`s common to have roughness only on the roof because the last detailer didn`t bother to clay it. There are only a few good detailers here, most of them are hacks.

I imagine it`s the same everywhere you go

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

Well more often than not, you can tell there wasn`t much done to the roof on an SUV. It`s common to have roughness only on the roof because the last detailer didn`t bother to clay it. There are only a few good detailers here, most of them are hacks.

I imagine it`s the same everywhere you go

Troy
    It isn`t only in the detailing world, either. There`s a lot of hacks in other things too, and more often than not they get away with it because people just don`t know any better.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris tell us how you really feel lol..

Chris your concerns are common with many land base car washes here in illinois..I have had the antenna on my inner windshield for my navigation knocked off, the felt around my rear window ripped..The majority of clients don`t have any knowledge of what a real car wash consists of..

If you talk to people about swirls they don`t know what your talking about ,or know what there looking at when you show them

work ethics aren`t priority for some..

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information