Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

How to come up with a business name?

Well I have decided to start a mobile business on the side to earn some extra cash on the weekends. I have a good selection of products, but I can`t think of a good business name for the life of me. I want something that stands out on a business card or flyer. I thought about Daniels Detail service but to me that seem to basic. There are so many shops around that have names like that. Although im no pro I want my business name to stand out a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to come up with a business name?

to come up with mine i sat at a bar witha friend, had a few drinks and wrote down everything we could think of. some names sucked others were ok and we finnaly came out with a few good ones. did a search to make sure we were not copying a name and we found one that worked.

so i would suggest brain storming, write down everything even if its stupid, you would be supprised what you can come up with...ohh and a few drinks helps
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail View Post
    to come up with mine i sat at a bar witha friend, had a few drinks and wrote down everything we could think of. some names sucked others were ok and we finnaly came out with a few good ones. did a search to make sure we were not copying a name and we found one that worked.

so i would suggest brain storming, write down everything even if its stupid, you would be supprised what you can come up with...ohh and a few drinks helps

Your business name sin`t Calgary Detail? right? lol.. I can`t imagine that taking too long of brainstorming to think of. LOL
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

I always liked "white glove detailing". It says a lot about the type of service that you would receive. I helped a guy start something like that up once several years ago and then I let him keep it. It is a name that I always wished I could use, but I didn`t want my business to be confused with his. So OCDetails is what I am. People always ask me what part of Orange County I am from. lol I guess not everybody picks up on the meaning...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joyriide1113 View Post
    Your business name sin`t Calgary Detail? right? lol.. I can`t imagine that taking too long of brainstorming to think of. LOL
    its sure not...its divine detail ltd
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There are some really bad detail business names around here. I don`t want to name any in case they become members. One that I can name that is no longer around was "Scratch and Buff" detailing. I never could understand why you would name your detail business that. Maybe they just wanted to be honest about the work they did.

If you plan to go in the phone book, a name starting with "A" would be something to consider because of the alphabetical listing.

"All About the Details"

"Detailing by Daniel" with a cool DbD logo.

Post Thanks / Like

Mines pretty simple Dave`s Detailing...however I think that a name is secondary to the reputation that you build for quality of work.

I`ve seen some pretty snappy names but the quality of the service and work, where terrible!

That said a business name should be something that is easy to hear and comprehend..and speak of what your service is!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I really appreciate all the advice i don`t want anything that sounds to sophisticated because i really am just an amature but i do like the "Detailing by Daniel suggestion." Also a logo is something i would have never thought of. I may have to take some ideas to my brother to design something for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely get a logo and a website going. Both of those help give you some legitimacy. When you have a URL and a professional email address (not that hotmail and yahoo aren`t professional....) it just makes you look a little more commited to the service. I love having my @OCDetails.com email address. I love having a website that I can send people to see examples of my work too. I`ve attracted some fairly high end clients based on them cruising through my website and seeing the articles and the pictures. Even if all you have is a price sheet then it is enough. It just makes you look more professional.

When you get to the point of making a website then make sure you post here and get some pointers. Some of the guys here have fantastic websites that they built themselves. I build pretty simple ones for the most part, but I`m learning how to incorproate some slick things in them. We all love to share, so feel free to ask questions as you go.

Post Thanks / Like

I did what calgary did, talked it over with a friend of mine. And I came up with High End Detail.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    Definitely get a logo and a website going. Both of those help give you some legitimacy. When you have a URL and a professional email address (not that hotmail and yahoo aren`t professional....) it just makes you look a little more commited to the service. I love having my @OCDetails.com email address. I love having a website that I can send people to see examples of my work too. I`ve attracted some fairly high end clients based on them cruising through my website and seeing the articles and the pictures. Even if all you have is a price sheet then it is enough. It just makes you look more professional.

When you get to the point of making a website then make sure you post here and get some pointers. Some of the guys here have fantastic websites that they built themselves. I build pretty simple ones for the most part, but I`m learning how to incorproate some slick things in them. We all love to share, so feel free to ask questions as you go.
    Its interesting that I have a very good part time biz and have not ever been asked about a web site or been emailed about a detail job...mine is based off of good work, service and referral...Its not that these two things would not be helpful..but IMO a web site can look anyway you want..meaning that you can have a great web site that really attracts people, the whole time you are turning out bad work...for me branding in this biz has been based off my service and work...that`s taken a few years for people to start calling back and giving my name out to others with confidence..in the beginning for a weekend guy its about getting out there and showing people what you have...taking some price cuts to get your foot in...building a good reputation!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

My business name is Top Tier Automotive Detailing.
    I have the "@toptierautomotive.com" and even got the website (haven`t had it made yet, no time". I also have a a bank account for the business so when clients want to pay by check or what not, they can make it payable to Top Tier.
    I`m trying to build it into a more professional business but really don`t know know. So I just started with the business and have been modding it since. Soon, I`ll have actual invoices with my logo and name on it to have folks sign prior.

Joy
    • JoYRiiDE

Post Thanks / Like

if you are just doing it for extra cash on the side you may not want to use a buissness name. if you do then some people may think you have a full blown buissness and will think you are insured, licsensed and everything else. local law enforcement may come by to check for EPA regulations and everything. just do a few family members and friends cars and let it spread by word of mouth. if anyone ask it is just a hobby that you recieve donations for doing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gocubbies View Post
    if you are just doing it for extra cash on the side you may not want to use a buissness name. if you do then some people may think you have a full blown buissness and will think you are insured, licsensed and everything else. local law enforcement may come by to check for EPA regulations and everything. just do a few family members and friends cars and let it spread by word of mouth. if anyone ask it is just a hobby that you recieve donations for doing
    You share a very good point.
    • JoYRiiDE

Post Thanks / Like

It`s In The Details
    Fine Automotive Detailing

All In The Details

In The Details

Beyond The Details

The Finer Details
    Extraordinary Automotive Detailing

I was sitting at the bar, having a Dr. Pepper, talking to myself and this is what my answer 8 ball said: "In order to achieve maximum profitability you should have one of the above names." I didn`t even know that answer was in there, usually it just says the answer is yes, no or cloudy.

Or you could go with:

All This Be Mine!
    Detailer Extrordinaire

A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information