Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You Think 53 is to Old To Start???

Quote Originally Posted by e-klasse View Post
    No worries. I`ve wanted to do the same thing you`re considering ever since media (my career) started down the tubes with ownership and deregulation fun & games.

I`m in Visalia. Haven`t been around DC much lately (health, time, etc) but I`m the guy who`s friends with the owners of the Vintage Press... an old client of yours.

Just let me know if I can help. Good luck.
    Remember you well, say hello to Greg and David...class acts those boys are!!
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think that 53 years old is the problem. I would get a job in car dealership first and then go into the detail business on a part-time basis. You can make alot of contacts in the dealership.

Brian Wilson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BHWilson View Post
    I don`t think that 53 years old is the problem. I would get a job in car dealership first and then go into the detail business on a part-time basis. You can make alot of contacts in the dealership.

Brian Wilson
    Brian

I have a weekend part biz now and its going well..the launch would be to full time but working at the dealership would be a good start

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

I stumbled on this thread today. I would highly recommend that all you old ****s (I`m 59) get a copy of Younger Next Year, NY Times Bestseller, 2007, by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, M.D.

The subtitle is "Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy--- Until You`re 80 and beyond." From the back cover... "you`ll discover how to put off 70 percent of the normal problems of aging--- weakness, sore joints, bad balance--- and eliminate 50 percent of serious illness and injury."

No snake oil or magic elixir, no miracle four minute per day machine, just common sense advice backed up by some very interesting science from a Columbia University doc.

I`m shooting for a "century" (a 100 mile bike ride) in November. I have a pretty good road bike background, but haven`t trained seriously for ten years. Following the program outlined in this book, I feel better than I have in years.

Good luck!
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
    Guys,

I stumbled on this thread today. I would highly recommend that all you old ****s (I`m 59) get a copy of Younger Next Year, NY Times Bestseller, 2007, by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, M.D.

The subtitle is "Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy--- Until You`re 80 and beyond." From the back cover... "you`ll discover how to put off 70 percent of the normal problems of aging--- weakness, sore joints, bad balance--- and eliminate 50 percent of serious illness and injury."

No snake oil or magic elixir, no miracle four minute per day machine, just common sense advice backed up by some very interesting science from a Columbia University doc.

I`m shooting for a "century" (a 100 mile bike ride) in November. I have a pretty good road bike background, but haven`t trained seriously for ten years. Following the program outlined in this book, I feel better than I have in years.

Good luck!

Thanks I enjoy reading about stuff like this...good luck on the ride....I still ride a lot...both road and dirt...currently I can ride 20 road miles in just over 60 minutes...all flat with some wind...but that`s heart attack pace for me

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, you can make it happen at any age.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy thread resurrection Batman.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Holy resurrection Batman.

He needed to get is post count up I guess.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I`m glad he did resurrect it. I somehow missed this one or maybe I just forgot ... I`m the same age as Beemerboy

2015 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum
    2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2010 Mazda CX-7 iSport
    2000 Nissan Frontier XE

"Life`ll Kill Ya" - Warren Zevon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

He needed to get is post count up I guess.
    you guys are to funny i just seen this and thought i say something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf View Post
    Well I`m glad he did resurrect it. I somehow missed this one or maybe I just forgot ... I`m the same age as Beemerboy
    I`m 54 now...

Since I`ve returned to workout even harder than before and lifting weights 3 days a week...detailing hardly effect me like it did before..My father was a framer...hard back breaking work...I`ve never been afraid of working hard physically..Could I keep a two car a day pace...for 5 days a week...if my families income depending on it yes!...

Since the day that I posted this our economy has tanked...there are a lot of highly educated people in this country looking for work that can make ends meet....If they want to make money then cleaning cars for cash doesn`t sound like that bad an idea, faced with those challenges ...it wouldn`t to me

The cash that I make for detailing use to be just fun money...today its going to the overhead of the house...times have changed!

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

That was well put and said Beemer, When a man needs money for his family there is no pain just gain
    I KNOW I NEED SOME HELP

Post Thanks / Like

Hey I hear that I graduated with a 3.6 GPA from the 6th rated business school in the country, Rutgers Camden 3 years ago. Everyday I am on the employment hunt. Did I ever think I would stop detailing... hell no. I would have liked it as part time weekend work but it`s getting the job done for now. For any of you older guys lifting on a regular basis REALLY makes detailing much easier like Dave said. A new tip I picked up on the other week I recommend for everyone Glucosamine Chondroitin. It works wonders on your joints!
    Kurt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 9D4E420 View Post
    Hey I hear that I graduated with a 3.6 GPA from the 6th rated business school in the country, Rutgers Camden 3 years ago. Everyday I am on the employment hunt. Did I ever think I would stop detailing... hell no. I would have liked it as part time weekend work but it`s getting the job done for now. For any of you older guys lifting on a regular basis REALLY makes detailing much easier like Dave said. A new tip I picked up on the other week I recommend for everyone Glucosamine Chondroitin. It works wonders on your joints!
    Unemployment has a funny way of changing how you look at paying the overhead!

As for the lifting...I started back to a workout program about 10 months ago...I had to do something about my weight and wanted to lower my blood pressure...As of a few months back I am no longer on BP meds...I feel better than I have in many years...and the aches and pains that I had from what seemed like doing nothing...are gone...and replaced with the workout pains..

At least I know where those came from

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Younger Next Year, NY Times Bestseller, 2007, by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, M.D. repost from a couple of months ago

You guys have to read this book!
    JohnHenry

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information