Post Thanks / Like

Need Help A.s.a.p!!!!!

Just got threw meeting with the director of operations at a very upscale Mercedes dealership, they are interested in taking my Co. in as a contractor. I have worked at a few dealerships but not one of this stature, they told me to come up with a price list for anything from a simple service wash to a complete retail detail. There is going to be a thin line between to much and not enough money. I literally have to come up with all the equipment, chemicals and employees right now I own a truck with outfitted trailer and a van with a part time college student as my help. I could use any help or know how if anyone has or is working with a dealership and knows a thing or two. By all means call me if you can help this maybe a career changing opportunity.

My phone is 704-299-2452

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need Help A.s.a.p!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southerndetail View Post
    Just got threw meeting with the director of operations at a very upscale Mercedes dealership, they are interested in taking my Co. in as a contractor. I have worked at a few dealerships but not one of this stature, they told me to come up with a price list for anything from a simple service wash to a complete retail detail. There is going to be a thin line between to much and not enough money. I literally have to come up with all the equipment, chemicals and employees right now I own a truck with outfitted trailer and a van with a part time college student as my help. I could use any help or know how if anyone has or is working with a dealership and knows a thing or two. By all means call me if you can help this maybe a career changing opportunity.

My phone is 704-299-2452
    Sorry I can`t help but good luck to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerndetail View Post

My phone is 704-299-2452
    It was great to talk to you yesterday.....let us all know if what I and your buddies suggested works for you...

I suggested that since they had promised a certain amount of cars per-month. He should use a range based on the amount of cars promised...higher price for lower amounts...lower costs for higher volume, then a performance time frame like 6 months to reevaluate the program and make adjustments as needed
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    It was great to talk to you yesterday.....let us all know if what I and your buddies suggested works for you...

I suggested that since they had promised a certain amount of cars per-month. He should use a range based on the amount of cars promised...higher price for lower amounts...lower costs for higher volume, then a performance time frame like 6 months to reevaluate the program and make adjustments as needed
    That`s pretty sound advice...just make sure you are making what YOU want per hour and per day to make it worth your while and be able to pay your help and bills. If it`s just more volume and you`re making less, and dealers are notorious for being cheap, then you may want to pass on the deal
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to have some dealer accounts and it was great for keeping you busy but like Poorboy said be careful they don`t beat you up too much on price. Give thought to how long it will take you to do what they are looking for and base your prices on that.

Sounds like Beemerboy has given you some good advice too.

Good luck with it. Let us know how things turn out.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

All of my lot deals are based on my terms, not theirs. Once they come on board, their prices come down a little. For most lots, I do mostly paint work, usually $150-$190 per car, but it is a high class product I use and only available as a dealership, so I`m exclusive in my province.
    For interiors, I can do most interiors, wash, wheels and engine for $80-$120. That`s a full job. A WOWO wax adds $25-$50, depending on tar removal. Polishing is set at $30/hour, though I usually give it for $25/hour for them, or use the silver cars to train my guys to polish. My shop rate is 10% less for dealers, but mostly they get more value--they don`t pay for the engine clean, and I will do little things like paint bolds, acid clean wheels, paint the bases of seats, a second shampoo pass, etc.
    With those prices, I deliver & Pick up most cars, and do them in groups of 5-15, usually 3-5 per week. I keep them overnight for simplicity of drying, and 90% of the time I can set one aside if we get busy on the retail side of things. Sometimes there is a rush job, but usually I have the luxury of letting these lot cars fill up the extra shop time.
    brenton
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I passed aong my prices and they said they would get back to me this coming Tuesday.

Thread Information