Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem with taking a credit card

OK, I take credit cards as a type of payment. I do it through paypal, and integrated it into my site. It is very simple for the customer. They simply log onto my site, click on payment options, and it takes them to a paypal page with my business name up top.

I detailed an SUV on Monday. The lady was pregnant and was in the hospital giving birth. We came to the conclusion that payment would be made with a CC when she came home later on that day. I left the invoice in the front seat and waited. Military family, her husband is an officer I believe, just came home from war, on the same day the baby arrive.

Anyways, I figured I`d give a day or 2. Kept checking, and nothing. I finally called and asked about payment, in which she said she had already paid.
    I double checked the paypal account, and nothing. Just to make sure, I sent myself $1 to make sure it was working, to which it was. She said she has it on her CC statement as well.
    When you pay me w/ a CC, you can print off a receipt, in which it has a Transaction ID #. She said she had the number. She is going to send it via email, but it`s taking a while.

How should I go about this? I have ever had CC problems. If her statement says she paid, but she does NOT have a transaction # from paypal itself, what should be the next step I go with?
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Problem with taking a credit card

you need to take the paypal transaction # from her and then call paypal ... i always prefered cash or checks
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Star Detail View Post
    OK, I take credit cards as a type of payment. I do it through paypal, and integrated it into my site. It is very simple for the customer. They simply log onto my site, click on payment options, and it takes them to a paypal page with my business name up top.

I detailed an SUV on Monday. The lady was pregnant and was in the hospital giving birth. We came to the conclusion that payment would be made with a CC when she came home later on that day. I left the invoice in the front seat and waited. Military family, her husband is an officer I believe, just came home from war, on the same day the baby arrive.

Anyways, I figured I`d give a day or 2. Kept checking, and nothing. I finally called and asked about payment, in which she said she had already paid.
    I double checked the paypal account, and nothing. Just to make sure, I sent myself $1 to make sure it was working, to which it was. She said she has it on her CC statement as well.
    When you pay me w/ a CC, you can print off a receipt, in which it has a Transaction ID #. She said she had the number. She is going to send it via email, but it`s taking a while.

How should I go about this? I have ever had CC problems. If her statement says she paid, but she does NOT have a transaction # from paypal itself, what should be the next step I go with?
    Sounds like she was trying to jam you to me

Wonder how this ever worked out

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    you need to take the paypal transaction # from her and then call paypal ... i always prefered cash or checks
    1)Cash

2)Check

3)Trade/Barter

These are the methods I subscribe to

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, old thread! So whatever happened on that one Tex? BTW, Poorboy now uses PayPal, but he still takes my checks.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, yea, pretty old thread. Honestly, I don`t remember that. I`m sure I go t my money though.
    I actually now have a wireless credit card machine. Take everything except AMEX
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

I either missed the thread in its original life, or forgot it. In reading it now, my thought about the title would be...problem with taking a credit card is the bite the credit card company takes out of each transaction. I guess the same is true with PayPal.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Star Detail View Post
    I actually now have a wireless credit card machine.
    Only way to go Tex ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    problem with taking a credit card is the bite the credit card company takes out of each transaction.
    Ain`t that the truth
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

My rates arent bad I pay a $5 a month wireless fee, .20 per CC transaction and .00 per debit card transaction. Then on top, they take right around 1-1.5 percent. I just had a rate review and they dropped the fees, not sure how low they went yet. Then every month I have a debit card fee, which is generally around $7. I normally see about 2.50-4.00 taken out of every transaction over $175.

Instead of buying the machine, I decided to lease it. 5 years. Im passed halfway through, but the damn thing costs me 69 bucks a month. Next time I`m buying outright... Still worth it though, I use it several times a month, and some clients only prefer to pay with card. I had a few that wouldn`t use my service unless I took a CC.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a bit surprised at the seemingly low rate. Do you take Discover? It just seems like the rates were above 1.5% and that was when it was first introduced.
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information