Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Clear Bra Protection: who does it?

Any of you guys do clear bra installs? I was considering offering this to my mobile business. . . obviously 3M or a reputable brand. I have read quite a bit from a number of companies, but the question is: Can this be a profitable addon service? As you can see, I live in San Diego and there are unlimited amounts of high end cars! Many of my upper end clients have been asking me if I do this or know where to go and that got me to thinking

GeT ThaT ShoW SHiNe YoU DreAmeD oF

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clear Bra Protection: who does it?

Most good tinting shops will do clear film installs. If you`re getting asked about it on a regular basis, you could make a pretty good profit, but you might want to seek some training to learn how to install it.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s more profitable than detailing. I would definitely go for it.

You might end up ditching the detailing and going at it full-time. It`s crossed my mind a few times.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

There is great potential for it. I wanna try and incorp. my detailing with it though. Thanks guys. Oh and I am definitely going to get trained. I have installed many protective headlight kits on some tricky lights, so I have some basic knowledge of how intensive this can be.

Post Thanks / Like

any other thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brk4euros View Post
    any other thoughts on this?
    Intensive & Hard, and not as easy as it might seem to be. You need a really clean environment to either do Tinting or PPF. Get the training, not expensive at all, and see if it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have thought about adding this as a service as well. I am a distributor for XPEL right now but have not been thru their training yet (as they have suggested it) I have talked to a local guy here is Sacramento and he says that they are not the easiest thing to install but after you get the hang of it you can make some money. Here on the west coast we have a different philosophy on the product than they do on the east coast as we want it for protection of the occasional rock chip and to protect our investment where as on the east coast they are trying to protect thier paint and not end up with a rusted fromt end in 3 years. This of course is all due to the sand that they throw on the roads in the winter.

My advise would be to hook up with a company that you can buy complete kits from to start out with and then once you find out if it is something that can make you some $$ then invest is the vinyl cutter and computer to cut your own kits.

Hope that helps.

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!!!!!

By really clean enviroment, does that mean a completely enclosed enviroment..... or would it be possible to create some sort of enclosure for the front of a canopy?

Post Thanks / Like

You could do that but you really need to have a clean surface as it is just like window tint. Dust, dirt and hair etc will show thru the finished product. You could always check in to the detail dome Detail Dome - We`ve got the weather covered I have really been thinking about it myself as it get hot and very sunny up here in Sacramento and maybe this would provide me some additional shelter.

Detail Manager
    Post Thanks / Like

I offer it at my store,Sent myself and one of my guys to Oragon for training.You can make some good $$$ at it BUT! you need to be ready for the messed up kits and redos untill you get good at it.mess up a kit and you will mess up kits there goes your proffit.Not something you can come back to every now and then takes pratice and a good 3-4hrs to put on.
    If you are interested in it let me know I can give you the # of a traning site and a few tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is alot to be made in it...alot of the newer cars I do people have had it installed...and it makes me wish I had on my Murano.

I plan on doing it on my next car purchase.
    I like beer. On occasion I will even drink a beer to celebrate a major event such as the fall of communism or the fact that our refrigerator is still working.

Stephan`s Detailing
    Portland CT.

XBox Live - mr detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys!!!!!!

By really clean enviroment, does that mean a completely enclosed enviroment..... or would it be possible to create some sort of enclosure for the front of a canopy?
    I can`t see this being a mobile service...by clean environment you need a dust free area or close as possible to that...you could enclose your canopy and see how that feels for a clean area...that`s just a suggestion but a fixed location would be the place I would personally be looking at to do this work for me
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

This is my third car now, with two more in line. Slowly stepping in since I decided against the training course which was rather pricey imo. All the installs were done in a garage. If all goes well the next big step will be the purchase of a plotter.

Evolution MR : Hood, fender, mirrors, and front bumper kit INSTALLED. Difficult to see huh?!?

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is my third car now, with two more in line. Slowly stepping in since I decided against the training course which was rather pricey imo. All the installs were done in a garage. If all goes well the next big step will be the purchase of a plotter.
    Have you priced plotters? Last time I checked they were in the 10k neighborhood.

Was this a paying customer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    Have you priced plotters? Last time I checked they were in the 10k neighborhood.

Was this a paying customer?

30" plotter/vinyl cutter for $3200 w/ catch basket. The software is $395.00 plus buying bulk rolls of film. Yes, all of the cars I have done are paying customers that clients of mine through my detail work. I have only made $100-$200/per job out of the three I have done, but remember I did not take any training whatsoever. I did have some experience doing headlight kits so I have just used common sense and tonnnnnnssssssssss of patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information