Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lying cheating detailers

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I could never have done that ..it was either the right way or the highway
    Steve

Its the way that I do things with my biz...I only have one package the full detail or I don`t get involved...I refuse to compete against the local detailers here with their 10 buck an hour guy that dose the whole car in 2 hours start to finish...if people like what they get for 80 bucks for that then good for them
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Steve

Its the way that I do things with my biz...I only have one package the full detail or I don`t get involved...I refuse to compete against the local detailers here with their 10 buck an hour guy that dose the whole car in 2 hours start to finish...if people like what they get for 80 bucks for that then good for them
    and that`s the way it should be
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to tell them that what they are charging is my wash and wax, but they do not want to hear it. I guess they ant to hear the word "detail".....lol

I do not compete either, it is not worth it. You`ll only drag your company in the dirt with the others, and I do not want that type of reputation.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbbiii View Post
    I have to agree that there are some people out there that are just in it to make some money and get out. For them it is not a legitimate business and what I mean about that is they don`t have a license, insurance and pay taxes on that business.

This is my full time gig (3 years now) and my intention is for it to go to the next level within 2 years to a full shop with mobile service.

I have a guy around town (another so called detailer) that every time he sees me he calls me to see what I charge for washing. I tell him and he always tells me that he charges more and that he gets its all the time and that I should raise my prices because it is better for all of us. Not sure what his return client business is like but I am not into gouging my customers to make money I am in it to have them call me back or use my services from week to week or whatever they are comfortable with.

My feeling is that I do the best job that I can on each and every vehicle and for my return clients I am always throwing something extra in just to keep them coming back.

Kenny

thats called price fixing. its a big no no. But i do understand about cutting others throats on prices.kinda like body shop labor.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just weeding out some of my subscribed threads and I am running across a few I`m gonna resurrect.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I like this thread too. LOL. Not because I posted it, but it does have some great discussions... something that is rarely seen anymore.... lol
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

I make yo ride bling!! :)
    Post Thanks / Like

just went through all 8 pages, awesome thread with diff reflections/veiws from alot of angles. being that i work full time for a *stealership* i can relate with almost each view point from both sides, i see/do things within reason differently at work than i would do as when i have a private customer. at work its all bout tiime, get it in, and get it out. 1 service manager belives the only diff between a detailer and a wash boy is basically how fast they can get a job done, a wash boy can wash/clean a vehicle in 1 hr, so a detailer should be able to do that in half the time and make it look like a 2 hr job. wich to a point, yes, and at the same time a no, its a catch 22. a detailer should have a more efficient routine wich will net a better time but also cuz they know wich products to use and how to use them properly. but a detailer is doin a helluva lot more to a car, and thas what my managers generally dont see or dont understand why i do thing the way i do sometimes. i almost never clay at work, thats an extra step since once i run a quick machine polish over a car, the paint feels smooth to them. and was vs sealent is deff a big no no issue with them, wax is wax and thats just it lol. but hey, what do i know, im just a washboy lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artman4life View Post
    1 service manager belives the only diff between a detailer and a wash boy is basically how fast they can get a job done, a wash boy can wash/clean a vehicle in 1 hr, so a detailer should be able to do that in half the time and make it look like a 2 hr job.
    Apparently nobody ever told him you can`t rush perfection.
    2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - Harbor Gray

Even sometimes I, in a moment of what could only be described as pure sanity, question the rationality of this obsession.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information