Thread: Water spots

Post Thanks / Like

Water spots

Hello
    I have a brand new two weeks old Audi A4; I have water spots on my glass in all windows front back and sides; I had try everything I know; Clay bar, White Vinegar, Auto Glyn Glass Polish, even Ajax and nothing seen to remove these water spots I think an out of products to use; any idea from any member would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Water spots

Quote Originally Posted by opufo1
    Hello
    I have a brand new two weeks old Audi A4; I have water spots on my glass in all windows front back and sides; I had try everything I know; Clay bar, White Vinegar, Auto Glyn Glass Polish, even Ajax and nothing seen to remove these water spots I think an out of products to use; any idea from any member would be greatly appreciated.

On the vinegar, how are you using that? one way is to soak a towel and let set on the window so that it looesen it up then wash off.

A chemical polish is one that would work. Poorboys World one of the sponsors here has one called pro-polsih that would be another and last

FK1 Decontamination wash

Finish Kare FK1 1119 / 883 Paint Decontamination System

Its what I use but this will take off all the product that you have on the car so new wax will be in order.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DP makes a glass polish that is formulated to take water spots off of your glass. I`ve used it with great results in the past. It`s not that expensive and a little goes a long way. You can apply it by both hand and machine. It`s still pretty easy to work with by hand, but it`s really easy with a machine polisher. I would try that before a decontamination wash if I were you. If you have the water spots on your paint as well though, you`d might want to really look into some serious paint cleaning. I`ve never used the product that Beemerboy suggested, but I`ve never seen him steer people in the wrong direction. Here is a product that I have used just to give you a few options if your paint is in the same shape as your windows.

ABC Car Wash System - Automotive International

Here is the link for the DP glass restorer:

DP High Performance Glass Restorer 16 Ounce - Glass & Clear Plastic Care
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    DP makes a glass polish that is formulated to take water spots off of your glass. I`ve used it with great results in the past. It`s not that expensive and a little goes a long way. You can apply it by both hand and machine. It`s still pretty easy to work with by hand, but it`s really easy with a machine polisher. I would try that before a decontamination wash if I were you. If you have the water spots on your paint as well though, you`d might want to really look into some serious paint cleaning. I`ve never used the product that Beemerboy suggested, but I`ve never seen him steer people in the wrong direction. Here is a product that I have used just to give you a few options if your paint is in the same shape as your windows.

ABC Car Wash System - Automotive International

Here is the link for the DP glass restorer:

DP High Performance Glass Restorer 16 Ounce - Glass & Clear Plastic Care

That ABC stuff looks like the same thing as FK1 only a AIO process....you used this much?

I ask as some of the cars that I clean have water spotted window and I have to polish them to get off, its a mess is all and the FK1 takes a long time

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used Pro Polish in the past, but by accident found that Bug Squash was easier. Also, what were you using as a cloth for removal? Try again with a coarse cotton towel with some of the products you already have
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    That ABC stuff looks like the same thing as FK1 only a AIO process....you used this much?

I ask as some of the cars that I clean have water spotted window and I have to polish them to get off, its a mess is all and the FK1 takes a long time

I`ve used it on two vehicles so far and it`s worked great on both of them. I only use it on vehicles that have really bad water spots on the paint. If they only have water spots on the windows, I just use the DP glass restorer.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    I`ve used it on two vehicles so far and it`s worked great on both of them. I only use it on vehicles that have really bad water spots on the paint. If they only have water spots on the windows, I just use the DP glass restorer.
    Thanks some of the cars that I get have water spots on the windows, I hate getting to the finial and find that I missed them then have to paste the windows to get those off. I like the FK1 but its time consuming for washing the car.

I think that I will try the bug squash next time and see how that goes

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

When i miss water spots on windows at work, I go backand use steel wool with some glass cleaner as lubricate and scrub a lil. 90% of the time they come off. If they are real stubborn ill use a lil laquer thinner. Then go back over it with glass cleaner.
    Also what i use on my truck for showes is Bio Clean from P&S (its a paste window cleaner). I put it on a white scotch bright pad and glass cleaner as lubricate, scrub a lil then wipe off then reclean it with just glass cleaner. Comes out crystal clear everytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for all the sugestions, I would try all of them until I get rid of these water spots; You know it is strange because I only have water spots on the glass; and a couple on the roof; but I think that the dealer ship polish the car before I got it because it does not make sense to have heavy water spots on the windows and not on the paint.
    Thanks again for all the sugestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, make sure you post pictures of your vehicle. It`s always nice to see a fellow Audi owner, especially one with an A4.

Thread Information