Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Detail Trailer

The trailer is looking very good Chris! It looks like you`ve put a lot of effort into it.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments!
    I will try to get more pics today if the rain lets up a bit
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome looking setup. I would love some follow up after it`s been in use for a little bit about how your things stay in place on the pegboard setup. I use alot of pegboard hangars and such in my setup just for ease of use but I find things tend to fall off, jump off really, quite often due to bumpy roads in my area. I end up having to bungee cord a good amount of my stuff on the boards to keep them somewhat in place. Just wondering what your experiences might be as you get more into using your new trailer.

Again great looking setup and I am big fan of your idea for the exhaust pipes.

Post Thanks / Like

Will have more pics this week. Will also let you know how it is handling.
    I think I am gonna switch a few things around a bit.....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    Put a safety chain around the frame of your generator and bolt it to the trailer frame.I know you have it bolted to the wooden frame,but if you ever have to take evasive action to avoid a wreck on the road,that genny will come down hard.
    Also,get someone to bend you some galvaized pipe to make straps for your tank and bolt it through the floor with J bolts.I saw a fellow pressure washer get in a wreck last week who was using nylon strap for his tank.He rear ended another car and was rear ended by a pick up.The straps broke,the tanks with a 100 gallons of water(about 800lbs) flew up and hit the cab of his truck.Messed him and his helper up pretty bad.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to say everything looks great Chris. The trailer is looking better and better. Can`t wait to see the finished product.

Also, hope your kid is doing ok as well since we haven`t seen you post anything on him in a while.

Thanks for sharing your pics and input.

Post Thanks / Like

I have enjoyed watching your progress, great job. We want more pic`s- We want more pic`s

Thank you for sharing
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

OK folks. Here is an update. I have been getting emails to post more pics..
    Been pretty busy lately, but finally had half day off today.

PICS!!!!!!

I re-did the back door. Still not done, I think..lol
    Bought that black rack/basket thing at Target. I put my cleaning towels in it.

Here are some pics of the insulation I put in. Put it in last week when we had freezing temps. It helped ALOT. ran out, so I did not finish it all yet...Also put the vent in the roof to vent fumes from the trailer..

Pics of the trailer with the water tank in. After I put it in, I hated it. I had to deal with it for a while, since I had no time to re-arrange anything. I had to step over the tank to get to stuff. Plus there was alot of wasted space. When I put my extractor in, there was no room. I had to pull the extractor out of the trailer in order to get to things.....

Been looking to find a place to hang my spray bottles. I was stumped for so long. Finally decided on a spot. I still need to secure it better to the trailer wall.

I decided to re-arrange the trailer today. The pressure washer hose reel was in the way and in an odd spot. I decided to take it out. I also turned the tank. So much more space.
    Moved the extension cord reel as well.

And here is where I am proud of myself....lol
    Since I took the hose reel out, I needed a solution for connectiong the hose to the pressure washer. I did not want to screw the hose to it everytime I had to use it. Here is what I came up with.....Quick disconnect UNDER the trailer!!!!!!!!!

I ran the pressure washer line under the trailer and secured it. I will be getting some foam pipe wrap for it.

Aslo, I know alot of you are shaking your heads at the way I mounted my tank....No worries. I talked to a trailer manufacturer the other day. They said it was fine. Plus.....the tank only has water ON THE WAY to a job. When I am done, hardly any water, so the weight issue is gone. I figure I would drive no more than 30-40 miles, if that, with a full tank of water. Once the job is done.....there you go....empty, or almost empty tank.
    I have alot more room now, and it surprised me.

I will be getting a central vac soon to put in the rear corner of the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Trailer looks great Chris! You really have put alot of work into it. You have came along way from that brand new - empty trailer in your 1st picture.

Dave
    Extreme Clean ~ Extreme Shine
    "Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it." - Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ideas on the trailer, Chris!!

Keeping it simple yet organized is the key. Looks like it is working out real well.

Love the basket on the back door.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

Chris- The progress is looking really sharp. I was concerned about the tank`s new position but the weight of the 5 gallon pales on the right side plus the extractor will even the side to side weight out as well. A little preventative maitenance would be rotating the tires every so often, just in case.

One helpful tip for your new vent. Go to an RV store and pick up a vent cover like this: Shell White Roof Vent Cover - Camping World. This way you can keep the vent open 24-7 and not worry about pine needles, leaves, rain, etc from getting in.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, jealously doesn`t even begin to describe it right now! When I had my enclosed trailer, I busted my brain trying to figure out what you`ve actually created in such a short time!!

Now, I`m trying to figure out how to fit a $2,000 purchase on our budget!
    AJ

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m really impressed at how it turned out. It`s definately one of the best set ups that I`ve seen. Great job!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    Chris- The progress is looking really sharp. I was concerned about the tank`s new position but the weight of the 5 gallon pales on the right side plus the extractor will even the side to side weight out as well. A little preventative maitenance would be rotating the tires every so often, just in case.

One helpful tip for your new vent. Go to an RV store and pick up a vent cover like this: Shell White Roof Vent Cover - Camping World. This way you can keep the vent open 24-7 and not worry about pine needles, leaves, rain, etc from getting in.

When I talked to a trailer manufacturer, that is one thing they told me, rotate the tires every 5-k miles, as well as grease the axle.

As for the topper, I was thinking of getting one, but opted not too. The only time I really have to close it, is when it is geting ready to rain. It has the screen attached to keep everything else out.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed you only used the chemical resitant triggers. Do you find them lasting any longer?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information