Post Thanks / Like

Packages offered and prices?

I`m currenlty doing some car detailing on the side, but will be going full-time starting in June and I`m trying to come up w/ a brochere for my business. I don`t want to overload the client with a lot of choices, but I want to have some good wash options for them to choose from. I know I need to over a basic wash, wash/wax, exterior detail, interior detail, engine detail, and a full detail. I was wondering if anyone offers a wash that includes a quik detailer spray for cars in good condition to give it that freshly waxed shine? I think many of my clients would like it in between waxes, but I don`t know what to call it and what to charge for it (+10.00?) Here is what I thinking of offering and the prices for each:

Basic Wash: 25 cars, 30 smaller trucks/suvs, 35 large trucks,vans, & suvs
    includes- wash and dry
    wipe door jams
    vacuum floor and seats
    wipe down interior
    clean windows
    dress tires and wells
    rain-x (doing it right now, but thinking of moving it to next level)

Express Detail: 35,40,45 (only for paint in good condition)
    includes - basic wash plus; rain-x on windshield and quick detailing spray

Wash/Wax: 55,65,75
    includes: Express detail plus; one step cleaner wax application

Exterior detail: 100,125,150
    includes: Wash/Wax plus; clay bar, swirl remover, polish, then carnuba;
    rain-x all windows

Interior detail: 50, 60, 70
    includes: express detail plus; shampoo seats and floor, dress interior

engine detail: 25? I havent done one yet, so don`t know what to charge or
    include.

Complete detail: 150, 175, 200
    includes: Ext, Int, and Engine

I live in the southeast, so i don`t expect to get California and New York prices, but I think what i`m offering is pretty reasonable. Thanks!

Bradley

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Packages offered and prices?

I just think it all comes down to finding a price that people are willing to pay. Every area will differ. If you haven`t done any engine detailing, I wouldn`t start on a customers car. You should be experienced in the services you are offering. Also, I would skip the whole Rain-X thing.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    I just think it all comes down to finding a price that people are willing to pay. Every area will differ. If you haven`t done any engine detailing, I wouldn`t start on a customers car. You should be experienced in the services you are offering. Also, I would skip the whole Rain-X thing.
    Most of my customers really liket the effects of the rain-x and comment on it the next time i do their cars.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PM sent
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    PM sent
    Can you send it again? I must of deleted in by mistake. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty close to what I charge. I`ve used fixed pricing for 16 years and it`s worked for me. Most of the time I offered three price points like yours (cars, most other vehicles, large suvs). Beginning of this year I went to just two by moving the cars into my middle tier. As I don`t take on new customers right now and am swamped with my weekly biweekly washes I don`t do much detailing (other than waxing a few panels each week on my regular customers).

Wash 25/30 (most give me more)
    Wash and Wax (I generally clay) 60/75
    Add $40 to either extra interior cleaning (shampoo, condition and such)

Special vehicles (hummers, full vans, extra large pickups and such) or specific work (paint removal, buffing) I work by the hour. Usually $60 for first hour, $40 after that.

I would recommend you detail engines before you start offering it as a service . I don`t clean engines any longer. When I cleaned them, I didn`t do very many and the risk wasn`t worth the few extra bucks I made. Some do well at it, I did not. I wasn`t worried too much about damaging something but I was worried about claims of damage.
    Also you have three exterior wax type packages. I understand them just fine but not sure the customer will. In the past I`ve had many more packages and options. I found myself giving prices in person and on the phone most of the time. More I had, the more confused the customer seemed to be. I can now quote them a price and package in a few seconds. If they understand and want more I can offer them more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input. I`m not sure about the engine detailing. I have a few clients that just like the dust wiped off instead the whole thing detailed. I might stick to that for right now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaRO
    Pretty close to what I charge. I`ve used fixed pricing for 16 years and it`s worked for me. Most of the time I offered three price points like yours (cars, most other vehicles, large suvs). Beginning of this year I went to just two by moving the cars into my middle tier. As I don`t take on new customers right now and am swamped with my weekly biweekly washes I don`t do much detailing (other than waxing a few panels each week on my regular customers).

Wash 25/30 (most give me more)
    Wash and Wax (I generally clay) 60/75
    Add $40 to either extra interior cleaning (shampoo, condition and such)

Special vehicles (hummers, full vans, extra large pickups and such) or specific work (paint removal, buffing) I work by the hour. Usually $60 for first hour, $40 after that.

I would recommend you detail engines before you start offering it as a service . I don`t clean engines any longer. When I cleaned them, I didn`t do very many and the risk wasn`t worth the few extra bucks I made. Some do well at it, I did not. I wasn`t worried too much about damaging something but I was worried about claims of damage.
    Also you have three exterior wax type packages. I understand them just fine but not sure the customer will. In the past I`ve had many more packages and options. I found myself giving prices in person and on the phone most of the time. More I had, the more confused the customer seemed to be. I can now quote them a price and package in a few seconds. If they understand and want more I can offer them more.

Post Thanks / Like

I personaly think that your prices are low but thats what i can charge for in my area, if those prices work for you then i would stick with them.
    As for the rain-x i would scrap it from the packages and include it as an extra, although people like it its not somthing commonly offered, its more of an extra type thing. I charge 10 bucks to apply rain x, i dont do it often but i still get the odd job. Just let your customer know youhave it aval. and up sell it
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Aquapel is a way better service than rain-x. LAsts longer, no streaks and the customer can`t buy it at walmart! That will set you apart.

Thread Information