Post Thanks / Like

Question Antistatic Question

Quick question what products do any of you use to combat static electricity? I just found a product called "
    Extreme Slick Synthetic -Acrylic Polymer Detailer " from Chemical Guys. Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

I am considering buying the product but wanted to see what everyone else uses.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Antistatic Question

Products liek that don`t necessarily resist against dust settling on them, but instead reduce the chance of building static electricy caused by rubbing or swiping of towels against the paint finish.
    • JoYRiiDE
    //2007 BMW 335i e90 Sedan // Montego Blue // Black.Aluminum//

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MagicCity33
    Quick question what products do any of you use to combat static electricity? I just found a product called "
    Extreme Slick Synthetic -Acrylic Polymer Detailer " from Chemical Guys. Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detail Supplies : CHEMICAL GUYS WHOLESALE AUTO DETAILING SUPPLIES CAR WASH PRODUCTS PROFESSIONAL CAR DETAIL SUPPLY FACTORY DIRECT

I am considering buying the product but wanted to see what everyone else uses.

Thanks
    I`ve tried it though there are other sealants I like better (UPP, DP Sealant, Wolfgang and the list goes on). I didn`t find that it attracted any less dust than any of those I mentioned and it certainly wasn`t as slick as UPP.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it would be a good investment? I`m just tired of having to use soooo much final detail/S & W to clean up the dust and resdue off of the car. Looking for something that will help me save on my product cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    I`ve tried it though there are other sealants I like better (UPP, DP Sealant, Wolfgang and the list goes on). I didn`t find that it attracted any less dust than any of those I mentioned and it certainly wasn`t as slick as UPP.
    I`ve never seen UPP in action just went out to autotopia`s site and checked it out. I might be looking into getting some in the near future. Money has been a little tight lately.

I have a few jobs lined up next week so hopefully I can get back to normal business.

I`m definitely into having a slick finish. I`ve been using Simoniz spray wax on my wifes car after I wax it and I like the slickness that it provides. It only last for about 2 or 3 days though. I`m almost out of it and will be looking for a replacement product that will last longer.

Any other recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve never seen UPP in action just went out to autotopia`s site and checked it out. I might be looking into getting some in the near future. Money has been a little tight lately.

I have a few jobs lined up next week so hopefully I can get back to normal business.

I`m definitely into having a slick finish. I`ve been using Simoniz spray wax on my wifes car after I wax it and I like the slickness that it provides. It only last for about 2 or 3 days though. I`m almost out of it and will be looking for a replacement product that will last longer.

Any other recommendations?
    In my opinion it`s tough to find a product that leaves any slicker finish than UPP. UPP isn`t the most durable sealant on the market (this doesn`t mean it`s bad) but more than meets my needs as I detail frequently. There are some sealants that last a long time, 5 or 6 months. I`m not necessarily in love with their looks however. I also really like UPPS, it`s a great interim detailer that seems to get better overnight.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it would be a good investment? I`m just tired of having to use soooo much final detail/S & W to clean up the dust and resdue off of the car. Looking for something that will help me save on my product cost.
    To help get rid of the dust get yourself a Ca. Car Duster.

I actually use many of the Chemical Guys products and love them they work great. There Pinkish/Orangish detail spray is also very good and one of my favorites I think it is called Speed Wipe. And i buy it by the gallon.

Richard
    1997 Ford F150 4x4 Pacific Green w/HOK Kandy Green Flames
    2006 Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like

Try 425 Ultra Slick Poly Wipe` Sray Detailer by FK1. It is the best QD that I have ever used. It leaves the finish so slick with No Static Electricity and so shiny you won`t belive it. I was at a friends house and parked my car under the trees in his yard. When I left my car was covered with pine needles and dust. I drove home on the freeway and when I arrived home all the dust and needles where gone. Gave the car a quick wipe down with a CA Duster and all was well. The more you apply this stuff the slicker the finish gets. JoeD

Thread Information