Post Thanks / Like

Getting ready for winter

Last week there were a couple of mornings that I left out and thought it was a tad chilly. One morning I dug my sweatshirt out from under my buffer bags. I keep one in the truck all year long just in case I need it. It was in no condition to be worn though due to age and crap that has spilled on it over the summer. Made a mental note to get some new sweatshirts soon. Over the weekend I checked out a few places. Nothing was in the price range I wanted (CHEAP). My wife reminded me that Steve and Barrys at the mall would have some cheap. Decent heavy weight hooded (no zippers) sweatshirt $6.98. Picked up 5. Need to get a new lightweight jacket too. I went looking for another pair of neoprene gloves, which I found for $10.
    Still need to dig out my jeans and see what I have. Still need to pick up a few cases of washer fluid (for my pumps and hoses) and stock up on QEW. I`ll wait on the QEW until the DP stuff arrives. I wanted to see if I like it better than QEW. I tried ONR but didn`t like it.
    What are you guys using for shoes? Years ago I wore some waterproof Timberland boots. I loved that they kept my feet dry but didn`t much care for wearing boots. Anything out there light weight in a shoe that is waterproof?
    I don`t worry about the temps until November. Mentally the winter grind starts November 1st and is over March 1st. I`m in Virginia so winters aren`t too bad. Anyone else getting ready?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Getting ready for winter

My wife thinks I am crazy but for me it is shorts and t-shirts all year. I find it hard to work with long sleeves and I just don`t care to wear long pants. Now it doesn`t get extremely cold her but I guess it can at times. The part that is cold for me is sticking my hand in that bucket of water. For shoes I am still not buying into the rubber boots yet and probably won`t mI am still in my tennies.

Next year I am really thinking of getting a shop. I have my eyes on 2 locations now. However I am going to keep the mobile detailing side of the business as it is doing well on the washing side of things sue to some good locations that I have picked up over the years.

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like

Little too chilly for shorts year round here. In the past I stayed in shorts as long as I could stand it. I knew once I put on the jeans winter was really there. This year though I decided to switch to jeans this past week. I definately prefer shorts though.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to zappos.com and do search for waterproof shoes in the athletic section. There are some really good looking ones that keep you feet warm and dry. I currently wear Merrell Chamilion II`s.

Thread Information