Post Thanks / Like

Symbiotic Relatonships?

Hey...

Still thinking / scheming / crunching over the turnkey fixed shop.

Here`s a thought I`ve been having...There is one popular carwash directly across from the location and another right next door.

The way I look at it we are really not in competition as I don`t want to wash cars as a focus and it doesn`t look like they are set up easily for detailing....

What I`m wondering is there any way the detailing could benefit the car wash and vice versa.....seems like there should be.

Maybe if I farm out the rough wash to them they could perhaps let me advertize in their wash bays or some such.

How about detailing the car wash managers ride and give the staff 10% off and in turn they could display my pamphlets and maybe the odd plug...

Anyway...whaddayathink

Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Symbiotic Relatonships?

Honestly, I don`t think you should be concerned with advertising right now- or atleast a lot of it. From what I`ve read you seem new to detailing. If you don`t produce good results, it won`t matter what type of advertising you`re doing, you probably won`t keep customers. I think you should spend a lot of time detailing (learning techniques, what products are good, how to use a buffer, etc) before you jump into the business aspects of it.

OK... that being said, once you practice and get `good` at detailing along with being efficient enough to handle a lot of customers, I believe that it wouldn`t hurt to try and work out a mutual deal between the businesses. This way you won`t end up washing cars the rest of your life and you can spend more time on your detailing jig (which I think is more profitable). Not sure what the car wash people would think about you advertising in there. But it wouldn`t hurt to ask.
    "Whether you think you can or think you can`t - you are right " -Henry Ford

Post Thanks / Like

I believe, in this instance, I can speak quite well for this. I own a carwash, AND calgarydetail and I are working on detailing. The carwash would probably have no issue displaying the information for you, just ask the owner what it would take. For me personally, if a young professional, who obviously know what they were doing(you would have to have some sort of a portfolio for me personally) came in asking for a hand up, which could work out for me in return as a few extra bucks from people washing their vehicles; it would seem like a great deal. BUT, the deciding factor would be if you know what your doing.....a car wash can lose a LOT of buisness through the support of an unprofessional person, or someone who messes up a car.....be sure you know what your doing. GOOD LUCK!

Justin

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar setup at My Shop as there was a car wash right across the street. I talked with the owner who inititally protested against my business license for me to even move into that location in the first place. Eventually, after I obtained my business license and established myself, we came to a mutual agreement and we advertised for each other and gave each other substancial discounts for each of our products. It worked out quite well as I gae my customers fre wash coupons after a detail. It was a high end self serve car wash with two automated bays as well. Very clean, brand new and very powerfull.

Thread Information