Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr
I agree totally. Usually these folks are the ones who will try to tell you/suggest what you should do to clean certain things, or ask ridiculous questions about "do you do..." while you`re going over the vehicle with them.

I usually quote these people so high that they say, "But I can get _____ for $_____ at _____!!" and I reply, "Well, if they can do the same quality of work for that price that I do at my price, more power to you!"

Usually, they leave and go bug another shop.
It`s even worse when they tell you to use products that can leave permanant damage or talk about methods that seem SO unorthodox that you want to vomit.

A couple weeks ago I was out front cleaning my dads truck, some random guy stops and gets out and starts talking to me about detailing. He told me he bought a bunch of Adams products at Hot August Nights and how they`re the best products he`s ever used and that I should switch. He had me look at the flawless job he did on his black Jeep, it looked good out of direct su light but as soon as I looked at it in the sun it had an insane amount of swirling left behind, product streaks, smears, aeresol dressing overspray everywhere. Then he looks at my dads Silverado and shows me the minor swirling that you can see on the upper body line and tells me how I`M the one doing everything incorrectly. I about laughed my ass off when he told me I should use Adam`s No-Rinse wash in direct sunlight and wouldn`t get any swirling or streaks, spots etc.