Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: feedback on new logo?

Quote Originally Posted by kappy View Post
    If you`re planning on having the design embroidered, the minimum height for any type is approximately 1/4", and type almost always looks cleaner when larger. The copy that reads "Auto Detailing" is going to be a problem, unless the overall design is enlarged to a size that you might not like, especially on the left chest of a shirt or jacket.
    Good to know, the last group of shirts I had made, when I sent the logo in to be digitized they took care of resizing stuff for me. I know this because when I got the shirts they looked good, and I KNOW it wasn`t because I designed the logo perfectly lol. And you`re definitely right about the size, I think they say 3.75 x 2.5" what the recommend. They didn`t mention the type size, I`m assuming you`re talking about auto detailing in the 1st and 3rd logo? My freebie revisions have ran out of time so any changes now I gotta figure out on my own. Your info on the font size will help me tremendously when I`m editing them this week, thank you! I think the 2nd`s auto detailing size should be about perfect, he took the banner straight the old logo I sent him to show him what it use to look like. LOL for $15 I guess I can`t be too made at that huh? Well I get a printed sample and have to approve it, printed revisions aren`t that expensive. So here`s to hoping I can nail it the 1st or 2nd try.

I also have the idiotic idea to get a super sized like 15x15 version of the logo digitized and embroider it on the back of some coveralls. I`ve never seen a detailer in coveralls, probably for a good reason too - it makes no damn
    sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Street5927 View Post
    I like the white/black background, but maybe add some color to the name of your business to make it "pop" or stand out instead of monochrome. Also, whatever you do, I would recommend having your company logo professionally made in a vector format which will be a much sharper image for making business cards, shirts, banners, "trinkets", etc.
    Good advice, the guy sent me AI and EPS files, which apparently I can scale to the moon and they`ll still look good. I think any good print place would just convert a JPG to AI or whatever vector format they use. I love how it scales without any lose in quality. I`m use to pixel where that`s a wreck waiting to happen. I plan to make sure I get everything worked out before I go dropping $500 to have a bundle of shirts with embroidery made. And I`m going to work out a few different color schemes. I`m a moron and will be ordering a button up work shirt in every color they offer - which I just checked is 20. I can`t think of 1 color combo that would look good on 20 totally different colors. I think the sensible thing is to pick one color and stick with it, or maybe get 2. With 20 different color work shirts I can sport a different color every work day of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Good to know, the last group of shirts I had made, when I sent the logo in to be digitized they took care of resizing stuff for me. I know this because when I got the shirts they looked good, and I KNOW it wasn`t because I designed the logo perfectly lol. And you`re definitely right about the size, I think they say 3.75 x 2.5" what the recommend. They didn`t mention the type size, I`m assuming you`re talking about auto detailing in the 1st and 3rd logo? My freebie revisions have ran out of time so any changes now I gotta figure out on my own. Your info on the font size will help me tremendously when I`m editing them this week, thank you! I think the 2nd`s auto detailing size should be about perfect, he took the banner straight the old logo I sent him to show him what it use to look like. LOL for $15 I guess I can`t be too made at that huh? Well I get a printed sample and have to approve it, printed revisions aren`t that expensive. So here`s to hoping I can nail it the 1st or 2nd try.

I also have the idiotic idea to get a super sized like 15x15 version of the logo digitized and embroider it on the back of some coveralls. I`ve never seen a detailer in coveralls, probably for a good reason too - it makes no damn
    sense.
    The standard imprint area on the left chest is usually 4" x4", but there are always exceptions. Even the size of the type inside the banner in the second layout could be a problem because it`s very thin, but a good digitizer should be able to modify it if needed.

You`ll probably pay more for digitizing and embroidering a 15" x 15" logo on one item than you will for everything else combined.
    Likes quebert liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kappy View Post
    The standard imprint area on the left chest is usually 4" x4", but there are always exceptions. Even the size of the type inside the banner in the second layout could be a problem because it`s very thin, but a good digitizer should be able to modify it if needed.

You`ll probably pay more for digitizing and embroidering a 15" x 15" logo on one item than you will for everything else combined.
    Here`s a pic of the printed sample of my old logo. I think the text is decent sized, but older people with less vision would probably disagree. It`s not easy to squeeze a lot of text and detail into such a small area. Now I`m looking at it and thinking more, maybe it is too difficult to read. Well, the new logo will definitely be maximized space wise. I got an Illustrator clone and I`m going to re-work it

3236-A.jpeg

Welp, people on AGO were helpful here too, I got name advice so I`m changing it. Simpler is better. Don`t mind the color and it`s not finished yet, but here`s the logo with the name change. Gonna add some sort of sun ray or star burst or something along those lines. Make Auto Detailing as big as can fit in the swoosh and work on some color combinations. I know a bunch of people here, and on AGO didn`t like this logo. But some did, and in real life i got about even like/dislike comments on all 3 logos. So, I can`t win no matter what way I go it seems lol. I`m not 100% set on using this logo, but the new name`s sticking.

feedback on new logo?-logoo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes GearHead_1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ynot riversidedetailing.com? (I had to Google perpetual to see what it meant).
    Speaking of Ynot (Tony backwards) he is a member here who is really skilled in designing professional logos at a very reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    Ynot riversidedetailing.com? (I had to Google perpetual to see what it meant).
    Speaking of Ynot (Tony backwards) he is a member here who is really skilled in designing professional logos at a very reasonable price.
    I wish I had known about Ynot a month ago. I like my logo it needs some more work for sure though. I should contact him about that, thanks for the heads up. I have a domain already registered, but they`re so cheap I might change it before launch. Your suggestion`s good, I know Godaddy recommends your domain should be shorter than 15 characters. But, they also say ones with your city name in them can be a big plus. I think since it`s the main city I`ll be working in + detailing even being over 15 characters it`ll still be easy to remember.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like the last one with the shorter name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok good people of Autopia, I yet again am looking for some feedback on an update. I just spent like 2 hours figuring out how to do something that would take a designer probably 45 seconds to do lol. I`ll spend another 2 hours working mindlessly so I thought before that happens I`d post what I did and maybe get some feedback. I spent half of tonight trying to figure out how to add sun rays or something, well no way Jose on that. But I did a sun`ish looking thing. I mean what`s more radiant than the sun right? Well, except it might not look good here lol. I thought about wasting the rest of my night trying to make the sun look better, but maybe it`s not even a good idea (like most of mine) and I should scrap it and figure out how to hell to incorporate sun rays or star bursts or something that says bright light. If like a few people here like the sun idea, or don`t think it`s horrible I can waste away my Saturday trying to make it look better. Since it`ll be embroidered on shirts, I can`t have a lot of colors or much detail. I`d like my logo to be more simplistic anywho. And don`t mind the color of the text it might not be red in the final.

feedback on new logo?-needsworkstill.jpg

& even if you hate it and tell me you hate it, thank you in advance. All feedback`s welcome.
    Likes GearHead_1, RTexasF, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

In general, I like the typeface and the style where it says "auto detailing," to me it evokes a college font or sports pennant or something, which is a happy emotion, so yes well done. The sun in the background will make this logo something you can recognize from a distance, which is good.

The alignment of the "auto detailing" letters is, I think, trying to follow the contour of what it`s written on, but IDK it looks funny to me. "Auto Detailing" is the most important message here and I hope those letters aren`t too small for embroidered shirts, hats, etc.

I googled it and there`s an active "Radiant Auto Detailing" in Tuscon and an old Facebook page of another somewhere in Southern California. Suggest you make sure you can use the name.

Once you`ve doctored up your logo the way you like it, consider sending your work back to a pro to get them to make a clean version.

Good luck to you!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like it but... I think that the sun doesn’t really exude radiance. Needs to be more of a sparkle (I can see it in my head) than a sun.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I like the last one far better than any with the spray bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Me too, and/but...

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1
    I like it but... I think that the sun doesn’t really exude radiance. Needs to be more of a sparkle (I can see it in my head) than a sun.
    I see where GearHead_1`s coming from too.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh
    I googled it and there`s an active "Radiant Auto Detailing" in Tuscon and an old Facebook page of another somewhere in Southern California. Suggest you make sure you can use the name.
    Hey, that`s a good point...I have zero idea about such stuff but it`d pay to look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda reminds me of an old baseball team logo.

Props for recognizing the overuse of the car outline logos. Logos end up being so much more work than you originally think. You want to stand out, while simultaneously keeping it simple and uncluttered. The more you think about it the harder it gets.

Personally I just had some ideas on my head, then just grabbed a paper/pencil and started sketching a (VERY) rough picture. Talked with my sister who is really creative and familiar with illustrator and we came out with what I have now. You don`t have to be an artist to just rough sketch something with a pencil. May be worth a little of your time if you`ve got a bunch of ideas in your head. A lot easier than messing around with programs you`re unfamiliar with
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Ok good people of Autopia, I yet again am looking for some feedback on an update. I just spent like 2 hours figuring out how to do something that would take a designer probably 45 seconds to do lol. I`ll spend another 2 hours working mindlessly so I thought before that happens I`d post what I did and maybe get some feedback. I spent half of tonight trying to figure out how to add sun rays or something, well no way Jose on that. But I did a sun`ish looking thing. I mean what`s more radiant than the sun right? Well, except it might not look good here lol. I thought about wasting the rest of my night trying to make the sun look better, but maybe it`s not even a good idea (like most of mine) and I should scrap it and figure out how to hell to incorporate sun rays or star bursts or something that says bright light. If like a few people here like the sun idea, or don`t think it`s horrible I can waste away my Saturday trying to make it look better. Since it`ll be embroidered on shirts, I can`t have a lot of colors or much detail. I`d like my logo to be more simplistic anywho. And don`t mind the color of the text it might not be red in the final.

feedback on new logo?-needsworkstill.jpg

& even if you hate it and tell me you hate it, thank you in advance. All feedback`s welcome.

I think you should go with this one and buy the domain name if you haven`t already.

Also, stop thinking everything you say or do is wrong. Fake it till you make it then thank God.
    Thanks quebert thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    In general, I like the typeface and the style where it says "auto detailing," to me it evokes a college font or sports pennant or something, which is a happy emotion, so yes well done. The sun in the background will make this logo something you can recognize from a distance, which is good.

The alignment of the "auto detailing" letters is, I think, trying to follow the contour of what it`s written on, but IDK it looks funny to me. "Auto Detailing" is the most important message here and I hope those letters aren`t too small for embroidered shirts, hats, etc.

Once you`ve doctored up your logo the way you like it, consider sending your work back to a pro to get them to make a clean version.

Good luck to you!!
    Good feedback, I don`t need to even Google to know there`s a Radiant Detailing already out there. There`s not one in my area. When I set up my factitious business name I should be able to use Radiant Detailing without an issue. I mean if there`s a mobile detailer in AZ or NY or some far away state I`m not in any way competition for them. But I suppose the legality is they could go after me. That`s definitely a point I should probably talk to a professional about. The Logo still needs a lot of work, what you said was very descriptive and helped thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Well, I don`t disagree, I can see the perfect logo in my head, the problem is I can`t sit down and create it, and apparently I can`t verbalize it to a designer well enough. I suspect another 3-4 revisions done myself I can have it to a point where I can contact a legit designer, not be cheap and pony up to have them make it pop. There`s a YT guy who makes videos where he fixes peoples logos on the fly, it`s pretty remarkable what a difference someone who`s a pro can make.

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Yes lol, the spray bottle seemed like an interesting idea in my head, but it definitely didn`t work out. It was the one element that I don`t think a single person liked. While it`s impossible for me to use every piece of advice I get. If 20 people in a row hate it, yeah it`s gotta go. Thankfully, I didn`t like it too much when I 1st saw it, so I think I would have been smart enough to ditch it. I love all the help I`m getting on here.

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I think you should go with this one and buy the domain name if you haven`t already.

Also, stop thinking everything you say or do is wrong. Fake it till you make it then thank God.
    Yup, I`m definitely overthinking it. The domain`s taken *of course* and Instagram`s taken *of course* Godaddy recommends against domains with dashes, and people struggle with anything that`s not .COM. Doesn`t matter much as I checked and Radiant-Detailing.com`s taken too. After a few tweaks to the logo I pass it to a pro and pay to have it finished. Then talk to a professional about my name and what I need to do t. I don`t want to rush into this, but I also shouldn`t spent days and weeks obsessing over small things that in the end won`t matter. But the one thing I do no, I don`t want ketchup and mustard logo`ed shirts! Was walking thru the mall the other day and saw a DHL guy and all I could think of was how ugly their outfits are lol.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s the logo minus the ketchup, added some snow, looks a lot better to me. Still can`t figure out how to make rays that look like rays, hummm.

feedback on new logo?-logo-blacknwhite.jpg
    Likes bofh liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information