Post Thanks / Like

help with me a detailing vehicle.

I`ve been getting a ton of good feedback in my other threads here, so I`m for more feedback. I`m preparing to re-launch my mobile detailing business. I`m going the 100% Eco conscious route, so I`m going to have a super slimmed down arsenal. I know HHR`s are popular, but the few I found semi-locally have LOTS of miles. I`m wary of Chevy`s that are 10 years old and full of miles. I was looking at Ford Transits too, but without a water tank or pressure washer or even a generator I don`t need anything close to that big. My current vehicle is a Saturn Sky Redline, which is small, even for my stripped down needs. My equipment setup:

Ryobi 18v shop vac, looks like a tool box and is about the same size
    Flex XFE15 150 Cordless Orbital Polisher
    bag full of bottles, brushes, pads.
    bag full of microfibers
    3.5 gallon bucket for when I need to do a rinseless.
    a few 5 gallon water jugs for my "water supply" when I need to mix up some more rinseless or make a waterless bottle.
    10x10 EZUP

There are undoubtedly things I`m forgetting, but I can`t think of anything else large I`d need.

Since I don`t need a truck or van, and neither would really fit as eco friendly any ways. My space needs are so little, there are a million vehicles out there that would have plenty of space. But I`d like something that will stand out some, and people would associate with eco when they see it. Driving by the Mercedes dealership today I notice this.

help with me a detailing vehicle.-c4da1ac7-2015-smart-fortwo-3.jpg

2016 Smart Car Fourtwo. So I stopped in to look at it, for my needs it has a surprising amount of trunk space. With the passenger seat down it could fit a 10x10` EZUP in a roller bag. I know for a lot of people Smart Cars scream clown car. I use to think that but the 2016 redesign, I think they look a lot nicer than the old model. It`s pretty new, only has 9k miles. I was pondering how I could maybe be the 1st mobile detailer in the US who has a smart car for his detail rig. And there`s probably a good reason none exist lol. What other cars should I be looking at? It`s gotta be used to fit my budget, I can get financed but I want to keep a monthly payment around $230`ish. Of course the slick talking salesman at the Benz dealership told me he could make that happen no problem. And when he asked what I liked about this car, I told him my mobile detailing plan. Which not surprisingly, he thought was a great idea. (I hate car salesmen lol)

I`m just really at a loss for other small, unique cars. One of my neighbors recommend a Nissan Cube, well not exactly. As they didn`t know it`s called a Cube. They called it "this funky little Nissan van looking thing" While I dislike how they look, I need a car for work and not to cruise around in. All the wrap around glass on Cubes would give me nightmares though. I HATE cleaning glass. Any ways, this is too long sorry I rambled. But like, yeah, car ideas. I`m trying to get up and in business by the end of September, so I have plenty of time to find a vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dislikes screamng disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: help with me a detailing vehicle.

Don`t do it. Those smart cars aren`t great at all. Most don`t make it to 100k. Transmission is junk, suspension is junk, the exhaust rusts through, parts are expensive and hard to locate. If you are talking a small hatchback, look at the Toyota Yaris.
    Likes screamng, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing good about those Smart cars is the price. Cheap. You get what you pay for. How about a Prius? It screams Green, lots of trunk room too. Ugly but who cares at 55 mpg.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mercedes has officially discontinued this car...at least in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to be Eco, electric or hybrid is a lot better than the Smart, which was NEVER smart to begin with.

A Leaf or Volt can be had for really cheap. Also never shop cars by monthly payment, that`s a great way to get screwed.
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Thread Information