Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Logo + name feedback

So uh, I made a text only logo. So in addition to a name people don`t understand, I think I possibly picked a font that`s equally hard to read. If anyone here can tell me if it`s readable to them. I like how it looks, but I think it might be too busy and would be hard for people to read. This is WIP, I don`t like the layout, I`m mostly curious about feedback on the font and whether I should even waste more time making it look better.

Logo + name feedback-testies.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dislikes screamng disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like pimp my ride font IMO.

Logo needs to match the clientele you have/are hoping to acquire.

Post Thanks / Like

quebert- IMO you`re not wasting time at all because this is worth getting right.

I like the Logo-only approach, but the combo of the colors and font make it hard for me to read.

Quote Originally Posted by JVD

I don`t know from Pimp My Ride, but hearing that makes it a turn-off for me. But you hit the nail on the head in that regard, it`s all about the target clientele and how they`d feel about it if they notice the similarity.

Post Thanks / Like

Well to my surprise, a random person on here I`ve never even spoken to PM`ed me a logo he made while on the train. Not sure if he wants his name out there or not, so I won`t say who. But here`s the logo, I dig it, it`s pretty simple, but has a nice style. I think it would look great stitched on polos and work shirts. Oh, I`m posting for feedback from others.

Logo + name feedback-logo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes screamng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post

That does look like the “Pimp my Ride” font. Lol. I liked that show.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were to be searching the web the name and logo would be what would draw me in. The first couple wouldn`t do it for me, in fact would turn me away. But that last one is very simple and professional looking and would draw me in to look further.

Post Thanks / Like

quebert- Yeah! The version with a Red "P" works best for me. The basic design is really good IMO, and the different colors make it just right, easy to figure out.

Post Thanks / Like

The color version of the newest logo looks really good. The font is great and having "Auto Detailing" there is a win. One thing: to me, the star burst that should look shiny instead looks like a collision symbol. I think something a little lighter weight will say "radiance" better. It`s a minor quibble.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, I kinda dig the Perpetual Radiance thing and even the shield but I`d bag the crown.

The `Vehicle Detailing` thing I`d rethink, just doesn`t roll off of the tongue. Unless you`re specifically shooting for big rigs and/or boats, I`d think Automotive Detailing would be better.

Don`t at all like the Infinity Swoosh and the font that goes with it in your other design...a bit cartoonish to me.

Even if you ditch the Shield for something a bit simpler, I personally like the Perpetual Radiance thing...classy to me.

In the end, just my thoughts...consider them the `lowest common denominator` view from a simpleton`s mind Logo + name feedback

Edit: Images towards end didnt load before I started babbling but I think this is pretty cool. Maybe plays around with some thicker fonts for the Auto Detailing subtext, no curvy stuff though...upright, straight, classy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by screamng View Post
    If I were to be searching the web the name and logo would be what would draw me in. The first couple wouldn`t do it for me, in fact would turn me away. But that last one is very simple and professional looking and would draw me in to look further.
    Appreciate the feedback, I liked his logo as soon as I saw it. I think just maybe my pride was a bit bruised as I had invested so much time in my original shield logo. Hearing others like it is making me lean towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    quebert- Yeah! The version with a Red "P" works best for me. The basic design is really good IMO, and the different colors make it just right, easy to figure out.

I`ll have multiple color schemes for it, not because I don`t like it. I`m a goofball and I get work shirts + pants in a bunch of different matching colors. I know it`s not usual to have a logo in different colors. But I literally have button up work shirts in 6 different colors. And imho it`s just about impossible to do a logo in 1 color pattern and have it look good on every color shirt. I like his colors though, reminds me of the AC Delco logo, I think they use the same 2 colors *GOOGLES IT* yup.

I currently have shirts in
    black
    navy blue
    chocolate brown
    khaki
    royal blue
    postman blue
    gray
    silver gray

Depending on my mood I change colors day to day. Automotiveworkwear offers Red Kap shirts in 20 different colors, I`ll order a shirt with the new logo in every color they also sell pants in. Thankfully, they don`t have pants in all 20 colors lol. I`m Obsessive and silly and probably partially dumb. Picking one color for work clothes is probably best, but what fun is that?

Quote Originally Posted by dmath View Post
    The color version of the newest logo looks really good. The font is great and having "Auto Detailing" there is a win. One thing: to me, the star burst that should look shiny instead looks like a collision symbol. I think something a little lighter weight will say "radiance" better. It`s a minor quibble.
    I get what you`re saying about the star burst, but since it will be stitched on a shirt I`m not exactly sure there`s a way to make it look shiny. LOL collision symbol, after reading that I can`t stop seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    For me, I kinda dig the Perpetual Radiance thing and even the shield but I`d bag the crown.

The `Vehicle Detailing` thing I`d rethink, just doesn`t roll off of the tongue. Unless you`re specifically shooting for big rigs and/or boats, I`d think Automotive Detailing would be better.

Don`t at all like the Infinity Swoosh and the font that goes with it in your other design...a bit cartoonish to me.

Even if you ditch the Shield for something a bit simpler, I personally like the Perpetual Radiance thing...classy to me.

In the end, just my thoughts...consider them the `lowest common denominator` view from a simpleton`s mind Logo + name feedback

Edit: Images towards end didnt load before I started babbling but I think this is pretty cool. Maybe plays around with some thicker fonts for the Auto Detailing subtext, no curvy stuff though...upright, straight, classy.
    I think with some modifications the shield logo could be a lot better. Your suggestion was spot on. My problem with it is, I spent a lot time working on it so I`m biased towards it. I`ve gotten a lot of good feedback on a logo some dude on here made on a train ride. So maybe I need to put my feelings aside and go with something new.

Thank you to everyone who`s replied, if I hadn`t asked here, I probably would have used the pimp my ride looking logo. I didn`t see pimp my ride until it was mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I`m not going to post 2 dozen different images I made to the logo, but I did play around with the font for the name and auto detailing. I tried like 22 different fonts, this one stood out to me. It`s the same font for both, just different weights. Or, should I stick with the original font? And should I have the auto detailing font be the same weight as Perpetual Radiance? I really don`t like how similar the O and D look. That`s going to be a problem with any boxy font though.

I want to get a bit more opinions and test out anything that gets suggested here. I`ll probably order a ridiculous number of shirts so I only have to wash them once a month lol. I`d hate to pay to have the logo digitized, and like 20 shirts embroidered and it not look right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quebert- Heh heh, I think it`s great that you`re really trying to get this right! I don`t think that having a good wardrobe (even with just work clothes) is silly at all and IMO it`ll help convey a Pro impression. Then when they see your work they`ll think "yep, total pro!" and be willing to recommend you to others. In part because they know you`ll show up looking like a serious Pro. "Look sharp, be sharp" as they say

Post up that font so we can see what you`re planning! I think it`s good that you`re thinking "hmm...the "O" and "D" look too similar", that`s exactly the kind of thing to avoid. You don`t want anyone needing even a few seconds to figure it out, better to be cut-and-dried obvious. Towards that end, I`d keep the "Auto Detailing" type stuff a little smaller but still easy to read.

And yes indeed, figure it all out before you order

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not silly to have good work clothes, but I said I might order work shirts in 20 different colors, that`s kind of overkill lol. Last go around when I was ordering shirts (3 years ago) I almost ordered coveralls with a HUGE logo embroidered on the back. I thought "hummm, Nascar pit crew people wear them. And I`ve never seen a detailer wear one, it`s a good idea. No, it`s not a good idea. And that`s probably why I`ve never seen a detailer wearing them. The sad thing is, even knowing that, I still have a voice somewhere in the back of my saying to order some lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, even having the shirts in 20 different colors doesn`t sound silly to me! I guess I set the Silliness Bar kinda high when it comes to one`s wardrobe..hey, I have a gazillion of some things

Heh heh#2, well...the coveralls with a huge logo *would* maybe peg my Silliness Meter But maybe you oughta buy one pair just to scratch that itch and see if you ever wear `em (more than once ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information