Post Thanks / Like

One way not to use a pressure washer

I recently added a pressure washer back to my set up after many years. Until this afternoon I was disconnecting the hose from my pump set up to the pressure washer. I don`t use the pressure washer all the time. Now I have a Y connection so that I can use the regular hose or the pressure washer. I had planned on doing this for a few weeks but today an incident prompted me to get the pieces I needed.

A weekly customer car while vacuuming I found a plastic drink cup. Was going to throw it away but thought they may be saving it for a reason. I didn`t want the liquid to spill on the carpet so the straw went in the vacuum and I dumped the little bit of liquid out. Decided to go ahead an rinse it out real quick. I only had the pressure washer hooked up and it was off. I held cup in one hand and pressed trigger with other. WHAM the remaining pressure in the hose shot the cup out my hand. It then slammed into my truck bed and shattered. The cup ended up being trash anyway so no loss. I`ll remember next time to depressurize the hose before I use it. Scared the piss out of me though.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One way not to use a pressure washer

hilarious, any truck damage?
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! LOL. Good think you didn`t catch your hand. I`m not sure how much pressure you have, but you probably would have gotten a nice cut.

Post Thanks / Like

It hit the inside of the bed which is pretty beat up to start with so didn`t notice any damage. Yeah I`m glad it didn`t hit my hand. Good news is I was having a problem with the pressure washer which is not fixed. It would surge when engine was running fast. I was just slowing it down so it would stop. Apparently my pump couldn`t feed it when it ran at max. Once I put the Y on the pump it works great. Difference being feeding it off 60 ft of hose and 10 ft (soon to be cut shorter).

Thread Information