Post Thanks / Like

Equipment products...

Ok so I want to start buying stuff but don`t know what or where to start does anyone have a list of equipment,products and other stuff I might need my budget is 1500 but if I can keep it under 1000 better

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Equipment products...

Kakarota- Heh heh, this might be too tall an order...people will find it overwhelming. Sorta like "I want to build a house, what should I..."

You need stuff to:

-wash the vehicle. How you plan to do that will determine what you need.

-prep the vehicle. What does it need and how are you gonna do that?

-protect various stuff (interior/exterio). How you plan to do that will determine what you need.

I myself think you should probably just focus on figuring out how to wash/maintain it. Washing without instilling wash-induced marring is quite challenging and until you get that sorted out there`s little point in polishing out the existing marring (IMO) because you could spend a fortune and many days` worth of time polishing it up and then put it back to square-one the first time you wash.

I`d be focusing on decontaminating the vehicle and cleaning it up. Then just AIO + LSP it and work on maintaining it in that condition for a while.
    Likes ShakingHorizons liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Kakarota- Heh heh, this might be too tall an order...people will find it overwhelming. Sorta like "I want to build a house, what should I..."

You need stuff to:

-wash the vehicle. How you plan to do that will determine what you need.

-prep the vehicle. What does it need and how are you gonna do that?

-protect various stuff (interior/exterio). How you plan to do that will determine what you need.

I myself think you should probably just focus on figuring out how to wash/maintain it. Washing without instilling wash-induced marring is quite challenging and until you get that sorted out there`s little point in polishing out the existing marring (IMO) because you could spend a fortune and many days` worth of time polishing it up and then put it back to square-one the first time you wash.

I`d be focusing on decontaminating the vehicle and cleaning it up. Then just AIO + LSP it and work on maintaining it in that condition for a while.
    Thanks and in not looking to wax or polish the car yet I just want to wash it but I want to focus more on the interior of the car

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Kakarota- Same ol` same ol`...establish what you need to do.

Carpet, plastic/vinyl/rubber, ?leather?, ?fabric?, etc. What do you have and what does it need and what equipment do/will you have available?

IMO most interior work is just getting things clean and then keeping them that way. IME few of today`s (rather tough) interior materials need a whole lot in the way of protection as long as they`re kept clean (dirt is generally abrasive). UV protection is, IMO, over-emphasized as autoglass blocks UV rays quite effectively.

And of course glass often challenges people.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your goal here with the interior? what state is it in now?
    is it really filthy and do you need to do hot extraction or steam cleaning then just regular maintenance or is it already in good shape and you just want some products to maintain regularly.
    Some more information would be helpful to help you make educated decisions.

Also searching on this forum and the autogeek forum has tons of articles on what you need to clean interior and exterior. mike Philips also has a tons of detailing videos on youtube where he showcases products to use for specific cleaning. You are going to have to do some research as only you truly understand what you need.

How To Wash Your Car - How to properly wash your car to avoid swirl and scratches.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s garage, look at the kits they have assembled
    Thanks D2k thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I set my grand-niece-in-law up with some Interior stuff for Christmas. My version of the basics for her (as best I recall) was:

- Ultima Interior Gel (no-rinse cleaner)
    - Horsehair Interior Brush
    - GG Carpet Stain Remover
    - GG Interior Detailer
    - GG Leather 3-in-1
    - GG Ergo Wave Foam Scrubber

Now I`m not saying this was the best collection of stuff, or even the best way to go about her interior. But it wasn`t a bad way to go either from my perspective (I was ordering from those vendors anyhow) or with regard to her situation (her car is *NOT* a priority, nor should it be; quick/easy, better than nothing with minimal time/effort).

Post Thanks / Like

Now I`m not saying this was the best collection of stuff, or even the best way to go about her interior. But it wasn`t a bad way to go either from my perspective (I was ordering from those vendors anyhow) or with regard to her situation (her car is *NOT* a priority, nor should it be; quick/easy, better than nothing with minimal time/effort).
    Not a bad way to go at all!! That was quite the gift, Accumulator. Good of you to know her priority and allowing for quick/easy.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- She`s one of those gals that...well, she`s one highly impressive human being...every aspect of her, by any standard, and she`s gonna go places. I wouldn`t want her wasting one extra minute of her life on this detailing stuff. (She`s just graduating HS and is focused on all the right priorities.)

But she wanted her interior to be cleaner (hideous beater-car that just gets her around, Autopians would just die...), whole thing was her idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I set my grand-niece-in-law up with some Interior stuff for Christmas. My version of the basics for her (as best I recall) was:

- Ultima Interior Gel (no-rinse cleaner)
    - Horsehair Interior Brush
    - GG Carpet Stain Remover
    - GG Interior Detailer
    - GG Leather 3-in-1
    - GG Ergo Wave Foam Scrubber

GG Interior Detailer and Leather 3 in 1 are great. I got samples of the 3 in 1 some orders ago and I love the leather scent, its not too strong or over powering. I even use it to clean my leather couches monthly.

That is definitely a pretty sweet gift pack!

Post Thanks / Like

Raydiant Detail- Glad to hear that! It`s a relief since I`d never used either of those and sure didn`t want to steer her wrong.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post

Thread Information