Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using a shorten Pressure Washer Lance

I added a pressure washer back into my equipment a few weeks ago. It has been around 10 years since I last used one detailing. One thing that is bugging me is the length of the lance. Guess 3 ft or so. There are certain areas that it is difficult to hit such as the lip inside the wheel well were dirt cakes. It`s also a pain when I`m in close areas. Today I was doing a car and couldn`t move it. The car next to it was two close for me to straighten the lance to clean the wheels on one side. I had to use my pump and hose. I`ve seen one guy local that has the tip coming hooking into the handle. Curious to see what others are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone using a shorten Pressure Washer Lance

good question?
    i have the same problem

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Assuming you are referring to metal lances.You can get them as short as 18"...there is also a flexible attachment that will handle up to 3000 psi.Check out www.replacementpumps.com

Good people to deal with and fair price for pressure washer parts and accessories.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Post Thanks / Like

From what I hear, its so you dont accidently cross the water over your arm or hand when your spraying. For higher pressures, I guess they are able to puncture your skin and the water can get into all your internals, and could possibly kill you, Im not possitive so don`t take my word for it. But That is what I have heard. I do know that even the lowest power at a sharp point can puncture skin, or in my bosses case take off toenails, So it would seem reasonable.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you could use a trigger like i use.

I`ve got those 2 triggers with an assortment of lances ranging from 1Ft to 10ft.

The trigger alone with a low pressure tip works great for washing cars in a parking lot. Makes getting up in the wells a breeze.

You can get the same ones i`ve shown there from http://www.ameritechmfg.com/

IMO those 1 piece lances that you get from home depot are junk. The internal parts are cheap and will wear down and break on you while your working.

Pressure Washing Mafia Squirtgun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrRogue
    From what I hear, its so you dont accidently cross the water over your arm or hand when your spraying. For higher pressures, I guess they are able to puncture your skin and the water can get into all your internals, and could possibly kill you, Im not possitive so don`t take my word for it. But That is what I have heard. I do know that even the lowest power at a sharp point can puncture skin, or in my bosses case take off toenails, So it would seem reasonable.

Injection injuries are very nasty.The hole going in is very small,but the damage under the skin is very extensive.There was an article in the one magazine that is targeted toward the pressure washing industry last year about the subject(graphic pictures included).
    My wife hit her foot with our small machine 2yrs ago.Thankfully she only did damage to the skins surface,but it left a nasty scar.

We have lances that range from 12" to 96" and extension wand that will reach from 12` to 32`.Quick connecting tips into the gun makes them harder to control,but it`s do able if you are careful.
    If you wand to drop psi order some over sized tips(for my machine 3500 psi/5.2gpm, we use 4010/8010(40 and 80 are the spray pattern and 10 would be the gpm of the tip) to drop psi to around a 1000 psi and even larger gpm tips to drop the psi farther ...you keep the gpm(flow) and lower the risk of doing damage with too much psi.
    Karvonen`s Pro Clean
    Southwest,Ga.
    Pressure Washers Mafia

Thread Information