Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some Helpfull Info Please

awwwwwwwww..... ok i got it. (i just figured out what "WW" everywhere ment) lol

Post Thanks / Like

NOTE: All my equipment is second hand.

UPDATE:
    Ok, Im having problem getting started... Im not getting good flow to my PW, (My tank is a 250gal with a 2.5" opening and i ran 1.5" to the rear where the PW is, with a standard garden hose reducer right at the end). My GEN (supposudlly fixed) is not supplying my PW with enough power to run the pump fast enough to create good presure (400psi, with an extension cord from the house i can get 700psi, with a garden hose from the ground and cord from the house it will produce about 900psi) Now im stuck about where to go now. I also had to replace all the wheel bearings on my trailer...

I`m about out of money and my GF is in Hawaii with here parents. So i havnt been working because I have been spending the days with my son. She comes home WED. and I wanted to have everything ready to go so that i could start washing ASAP. Now... I dont know what to do. Is my PW Junk? is my Line Wrong? GEN? i dont know.... I still need a Vacuum and all the supplies!

Pretty much i just wanted to vent but i would love some info if anyone has ever had these problem with setting up equiptment. And/Or some tips.

THANKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Shorten the length of your hose from the water tank to the pump and the hose from your pump to your pressure washer. The shorter the hose, the better the flow of water.
    AJ

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

Ok, I Almost got it ready, I rotated the tank, shortened the length of the pipe to the pump (pressure washer), and then mounted everything. as well as replaced the exhaust pipe on the Gen. Upgraded the cord on the pump (Ga) as well and running it off the 30-amp 3-prong outlet off the GEN.

Ok, Now I start the GEN, Open the tank valve, hook up my hose and gun, then flip the switch on the pump, prime the pump, (it primes up to 1000 PSI [adjustable]) then i pull the trigger on the gun and BOOM a burst of water and then the PSI drops to 200-300PSI.

Now, if i plug the pump into an extension cord to the home, I can get up to 900PSI off the tank, (a big upgrade from before).

My pump has a 1.5HP, 110v, 13.6amp motor. According to http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/genwat.asp Where it says that a 1HP High Pressure washer needs 3600 watts of starting power, in theory, my pump would require 5400 starting watts. Well my GEN is Rated at 4000w. But its VERY old, Rebuilt, but still old. Now... Is it that my GEN just doesn`t have what it takes to use that pump? Or, do i just have my math wrong and 4000w should be enough but somethings just not right with my GEN?

Lets say "it just wont work" should i buy an inexpensive electric PW and juts use the GEN that i have? or should i buy a VERY Expensive 5000+w GEN and use the pump i have?

Advice please!!!

THANKS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ok guys... I just got home from: Sears, Lowes, and Home Depot. and I found and

HD Web site. Search: 2200

Except the 299.00 is on sale for 225.00 and the 269.00 is on sale for 199.99! Plus I found a Lowes coupon (Which HD will take) for 10% off!

What do you guys think? Should i go for it? Which one?

Post Thanks / Like

I would try a different soap. If you are getting water spots on the car, you should be able to try different soaps to use . I would look for a soap containing a small amount of wax in them, they tend not to spot as easy. One soap that works great for that is made by northern chemicals. It`s their wash and wax soap. It`s very sudsy and even with hard water it rinses clean and will not leave spots on the windows even on hot sun baked cars.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: Ok, so i was talking with my "father-in-law" and he gave me his HD card and told me, "get whatever you need".

So this is what i got:

DeWalt DP2800

RIDGID WD5500

Feed back please!! lol

OH! and, Can anyone please explain to me how to install a "bypass" on the pump?

THANKS!!

Post Thanks / Like

ok... GREAT Feedback! Thanks guys!!

Anyways... Its about finished, I`ll post pics soon and everyone can rate, judge, give tips ect..ect...ect...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information