Thread: PDR Training

Post Thanks / Like

PDR Training

Hi I am interested in taking training courses in Paintless Dent Removal can anyone recommend a reputable school or training course that they have taken or heard good feed back about?

Thank you, Bka6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PDR Training

I know this was an old post but look into the pdr hot box

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the T-Hotbox, does anyone know of a way to locate shops that have one? I have three small dents some idiots put in my car, and would prefer using a T-Hotbox for the job. I`ve spoken to three shops in the area and they all want to remove interior trim pieces -- nobody in Southern California seems to be using this device.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, no one wants to invest the few thousand bucks to buy the newest technology..
    If they are like me, they probably want to wait a while and see if this stuff really works, is reliable, and has awesome customer support, parts, etc., if it breaks...

They already have invested a few thousand on schools, and tools, and most of the PDR guys are reputable and can make most dents go away so good, you cannot ever tell where they were before...

And they will know how to get into door panels just fine and replace them perfectly..

I get where you might be coming from in that door panels have a lot of extra steel across them so it is harder to work on them, etc...

Hope you find what you are looking for..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

One of my dents is on a door and easy enough to get to. The other two are not accessible from the inside at all and would require glueing/welding and then pulling, something I would prefer to avoid. One of the shops I went to for an estimate said they couldn`t take out those two dents.

It seems most of the people who do Hotbox work are in places that suffer hail storm damage, and I only saw hail once in 30 years here in Southern California.

Post Thanks / Like

The hot box is a gimmick and easy way to burn the paint. During the testing ive seen it only works on dime size in small panels. Glue PDR is the way to go. I use glue for lots of dents. As long as its factory paint it will not be a problem.
    www.JaxDetails.com
    www.Facebook.com/DentsAndDetails
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Read that a few times
    Why would their be an issue with aftermarket paint?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Most aftermarket paint is not applied and cured as factory paint was applied and cured..

Factory paint has been tested and approved to higher standards than some paint sold at automotive paint supply shops..

Yes, they have the Factory Pack paint too, but that doesn`t mean the body shop is going to pay the higher price for it and may instead get a less expensive paint that will do the job just fine.. But it might not wear as well, last as long, etc., as the original factory paint that had been applied perfectly - including with the necessary agents at the exact amounts - to insure longevity, some degree of UV protection, etc..

In my experience with non stock paintwork, it is sometimes really done very well and sometimes its not.. It will also have a tendency to lift right off of especially plastic parts, because the plastic was not prepared properly for maximum adhesion...
    Dan F
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Thread Information