Post Thanks / Like

2nd appointment scheduling

How do you mobile pro`s schedule your second appointment for the day? I try to estimate how long it will take for the first one, then book accordingly, but we all know some things don`t go as planned. So how do you do it? Give a time range? if so, how big is the range, one half hour, an hour? When do you call if you are going to be a bit later then expected? Now that I am getting busier I am booking two a day sometimes. How do you do it?

Thanks,
    Shaun
    Superior Detailing

Jesus my Lord and Savior bermi23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2nd appointment scheduling

I usually give myself an hour and half that way i have some lead way. If everything goes well i have time for lunch or I just show up early. Right now I am booking 4 mini details a day. Start around 8:30 finish by 3:30.
    Commit your works to the Lord and your thoughts will be established. Proverbs 16:3

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never set up 2 full details in one day. But if i did and i knew i was going to run late, i would call as soon as you relize it. Call and Let your customer know, and if at all possible set it up for the next day.

I don`t set up 2 in one day because i don`t feel like over working myself. I`ll set up a full detail first thing in the morning and a few washes in the afternoon.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I never set up 2 full details in one day. But if i did and i knew i was going to run late, i would call as soon as you relize it. Call and Let your customer know, and if at all possible set it up for the next day.

I don`t set up 2 in one day because i don`t feel like over working myself. I`ll set up a full detail first thing in the morning and a few washes in the afternoon.

I do exactly the same. I try to schedule 1 full detail a day and a couple of washes, maybe an interior detail. I was overbooked a couple of times, and it killed me. I did a Jeep Cherokee, and as soon as I was done, I was off to do a 4dr F-250. I started at 8 that morning, and did not finish till 9pm that night, with no breaks or lunches. (except what I could stuff down my throat on the way to the second detail)
    I like to schedule my appointments early. If I could get people to schedule at 6 in the morning, that would be awesome. Instead, I tell them 8 AM is a reasonable time.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

With me, it all depends. For any appointment I always give a span of time (9-11, 1-3, etc.). How I schedule appointments depends on what type of services are being done and where each customer is located. Yesterday I had nine mini details, but they were all at the same location and I was there for the whole day, so I did not book anyone else for the whole day. Today I have 2 full details to go to this morning and a exterior detail to go to this afternoon. I scheduled all appointments to coincide with my expected time at each appointment and the distance between the two stops. The morning appointment is pretty far from the second appointment, so I scheduled the second appointment later in the evening around 4-6p.m. to give myself and my helper enough time to do the details, get lunch, and then get to the last appointment on time.

This actually reminds me of math word problems in school.
    AJ

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple of ideas:
    -give yourself good time in between; show up early for the second if necessary; if you can`t do the job yet, do a free wash for a nearby business owner
    -take a laptop to do bookwork between appts
    -have a go to kid that can show up to help you if you get in a pinch, like a 17yr old who loves cars, owns one (so can travel), and works evenings in a pizzaria--I suppose that`s easier in the summer; keep them from the day and use him to drum up some commercial business later in the afternoon; you might not make as much that day, but you get the job done
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    A couple of ideas:
    -give yourself good time in between; show up early for the second if necessary; if you can`t do the job yet, do a free wash for a nearby business owner.
    I really like this idea if you are way ahead. Who is going to turn down a free wash and it allows your name to be spread favorably.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PEI Detail
    A couple of ideas:
    -take a laptop to do bookwork between appts
    I do carry my laptop with me everyday but i don`t use it to do bookwork. I`ve got wireless internet from sprint and i find myself checking detailcity a few times a day.

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I do carry my laptop with me everyday but i don`t use it to do bookwork. I`ve got wireless internet from sprint and i find myself checking detailcity a few times a day.
    Can be a bit of an addiction.
    Brenton Dickieson

Post Thanks / Like

Im not a detailer, but as a paying customer of any service I hate the most when an appointment is made but they dont show up. That is the worst. People have rearranged their day or taken time off work to work you in their schedule, so please show up. And call way in advance if you dont think you can make it.

Post Thanks / Like

DITTO that. However, last month I did 2 full details in one day (Hummer H2 and Mercedez 2 door conv.) But they were at the same house and very clean to begin with. I even got a $45.00 tip.
    "NOW IS THE TIME"

Thread Information