Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My first detail as full time

I put out business cards yesterday. Just at 2 businesses. I got a call today while I was at the grocery store. The gentleman was at the quick lube place where I put my cards out. All my buddies work there. The guy asked them where he could get his truck cleaned at and engine detailed. They gave him one of my cards, and he called the instant. He wanted to meet me at 3:00 at the park down the road from where he was at, and get a wash, vac, and engine detail. That gave me 45 minutes to run home, hook up the trailer. make sure I had everything together, and get across town. I made it...whew......

He has a Silver Ford Lightening. 20 inch rims, awesome looking truck. It had rock chips everywhere though. He said he was getting a new front end and a new paint job soon. He was in the Military he said, and money was no problem. LOL...nice
    I gave hime the price for a wash vac and engine.....he said ok......
    I DID NOT GET THE GENERATOR!!!!!!!!!!
    I told him I could not Vac the inside....which kinda pissed ME off. First job and I started on the wrong foot.
    I sucked it up and told him it was all on the house. He thanked me and I went on. He sat and watched me, which kinda made me nervous, but we began talking about cars, and it was cool. I explained a few things to him and he appreciated it.

I did a few "extras also" just because of my "goof"....and he loved it. Said his truck Looked STUNNING!

He said, since it was on the house, he set up a FULL DETAIL for Saturday, and a wash for EVERY WEEK!!! WOO HOO

He also wants me to bring about 50 cards to hand out to his troops. SWEET.

He said he has a carport for me to work under. And he will BBQ and have beer if I wanted any LOL.

While I was cleaning his truck at the park....The City Parks Dept. stopped by...UH OH.....The wanted to take pics of my truck and plate, just in case i left oil from the engine...... They warmed up to my services, and asked for cards themselves. HAHAHAHA....I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, I am pretty psyched and had to post.....
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My first detail as full time

Chris!! Awesome Job! you need to post up some pics though! Keep up the hard work and keep on handing out those cards!

Greg

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    He was in the Military he said, and money was no problem.

Not the military I know.

He is either an officer or he deploy`s a bunch. Then again, it could be a combination of both.

Congrats on the first detail. That sucks that you forgot your generator, but if you look at it from the bright side, you just got a regular customer.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear, Chris!! It is nice to hear that you hit a homer. Real solid!!

It is all about Karma. Here is hoping that a budding new business in the Killeen area has a bang up clientel..
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

There no need for money when your in Iraq, or much of one, most is covered like housing and food. So all your money goes into your bank account. So if he was just getting back, he probally had his bank account loaded from all his combat pay.

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audiboy
    Not the military I know.

He is either an officer or he deploy`s a bunch. Then again, it could be a combination of both.

Congrats on the first detail. That sucks that you forgot your generator, but if you look at it from the bright side, you just got a regular customer.
    He said he has "troops", so he must me at minimum a SGT. I know he sunk a ton of money in the truck. Cat-back exhaust, thottle body spacer, comp. chips, hood, stereo system, tv`s, and a ton other stuff. Said he was getting a full repaint plus a hard bed cover and tossing the soft one.

Quote Originally Posted by GregCavi
    Chris!! Awesome Job! you need to post up some pics though! Keep up the hard work and keep on handing out those cards!

Greg
    I didn`t have time to grab my camera....I had 45 minutes to go home, hook up, check everything, and get there.....about an hour of things....lol
    I`ll be prepared next time and not take people on the spot...LOL...at least a day in advance. I just wanted a customer...an you blame me....lol
    Will get pics Saturday though!!!
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Hail the power of Quattro audiboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB
    He said he has "troops", so he must me at minimum a SGT.
    Like I said earlier, he has to be an officer or deploy a lot. I`m a SSgt and don`t make near enough to be able to do all of that. Doesn`t really matter though. It sounds like you got a regular customer out of the deal, which is always good. If he has any influence on the people he knows, you may end up with some steady business.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck hopefully he will turn into a regular and bring some friends along too. Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awsome to here, i guess with those card the guy will pass out, you can buy a genorator with the profits. Have fun with it, a new child a new job, you have the dream life. Good job and good luck
    06 Nissan Altima 3.5SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CalgaryDetail
    Thats awsome to here, i guess with those card the guy will pass out, you can buy a genorator with the profits. Have fun with it, a new child a new job, you have the dream life. Good job and good luck
    He forgot to add the gennerator on the trailer... he has one it was just at home..

Post Thanks / Like

You turned a goof up into a benefit.....quick thinking on your part. To top it off you`ll never forget the genset again!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: My first detail as full time

Great job, good networking. Congrats on the first buck!

Post Thanks / Like

Chris
    Glad it worked out for you...You need to get the power setup ASAP..That way you can show them your BEST work...I have no dout you will do fine at your new venture...Just get some power for the wagon...lol

Good Luck my Friend

Al

Thread Information