I just found out how very true that statement is today. I was out working on my truck in the driveway since the sun was out, when a neighbor that just moved in a few months ago walked up. We started chatting and came to a very interesting topic.

As it turns out, this guy works for a local Credit Union, and one of his job duties is to deal with and sell reposessed vehicles. He knew that I did detailing, and said he could tell I do quality work from the way my cars look and from having seen my customers` vehicles around in the past. He has a guy that does detailing for them at the bank now, but isn`t too happy with them from what he said.

Long story short, he is likely going to contract me to detail the repo vehicles that come in -- which while that equates to only about three a month, does give me a more steady flow of work than recruiting customers from other local businesses and such does now.

I`m certain I wouldn`t have gotten this job offer if it weren`t for the fact that I know this guy from the neighborhood; it just proves how important it is to build connections with people -- you never know when it will get you work.

And on that note - anyone else here have experience dealing with reposessed vehicles from banks/credit unions? What am I getting myself into here??