Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried these products?

I am considering trying some Glare products. Specifically Liquid Clay and Spiderweb. Anyone have any info or knowledge they would like to share would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Has anyone tried these products?

Quote Originally Posted by detailz
    I am considering trying some Glare products. Specifically Liquid Clay and Spiderweb. Anyone have any info or knowledge they would like to share would be great.
    Can you post a link to the site where you are finding this product....also love the city that you are in....I stayed at the white barn inn there many years back....still can`t stop thinking about lobster rolls
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Can you post a link to the site where you are findig this product....also love the city that you are in....I stayed at the white bran inn there many years back....still can`t stop thinking about lobster rolls
    http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...&highlight=gla
    rBrought up the ? many moons ago..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    Thanks Joe....I remeber looking at that site...pretty flashy

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Has anyone tried these products?

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy
    Thanks Joe....I remeber looking at that site...pretty flashy
    I will take the city you are in anyday!!!

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

The link is www.autopolish.net for the products. Thanks for the responses, I am rather new to DC and didn`t think of searching. When I have alittle more time I will try and hunt it down.
    Thanks for the props on my home town and certainly if you are visiting White Barn Inn is the way to go. I take care of the owner`s fleet, most notably his Porche Cayenne Turbo.

Post Thanks / Like

The link is www.autopolish.net for the products. Thanks for the responses, I am rather new to DC and didn`t think of searching. When I have alittle more time I will try and hunt it down.
    Thanks for the props on my home town and certainly if you are visiting White Barn Inn is the way to go. I take care of the owner`s fleet, most notably his Porche Cayenne Turbo.
    Your welcome....I`ve not used this product but I looked at the web site seems a bit over the top, to the point of unbelievable....looks like the stuff that you see on late night TV....that`s just my take on the way they present it on the web site.

When I start reading things like

GLARE Spider fills in permanently, it is NOT a temporary solution - not found anywhere.

Makes me think its a scam...nothing that I have seen dose this

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I remember a discussion/ruckus about this stuff in the last year. We had a member make some pretty bold claims about it. He`s no longer here. I also remember someone doing some rather detailed reviews about the stuff over at Autopia too. The website does make some pretty bold claims - almost reminds me of a "miracle product."
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no experience with these products but from the looks of their website they are a "botique" chemical company pushing high priced products with fancy marketing. Glassplexin? What is that? A gal of their "professional polish" is $269.95 + $15.95. I buy a paint sealent from a supplier that my customers are very satisfied with and it costs me about $22 a gallon. I bet they are making a %500 percent markup on that stuff.

Another giveaway is the claim that the product last 5 years. There is no sealant or wax that can do that. The most you can hope for is 6 months. This is stuff for the new car dealers to use on unsuspecting customers. "You see Mr. Jones, this miracle sealent costs $269 a gallon and our technician has to apply it wearing a spacesuit so that`s why we are charging you $600."

Remember, there is no magic in detailing chems. The science is well known. No one has a super secret ingrediant that makes their product "light years" ahead of the competition and "the most advanced on the market". How good a product performs is based on the quality, concentration, and combination of the ingredients. Not an "Ultra high purity metal interlinked fusion of glass particles to Glassplexin forming a unique highly advanced swirl mark remover polish".

Frank

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything in regards to there being no such thing as a 5yr. wax(not part of my original question ,however) and swirl marks are removed permanently- doesn`t account for the new ones that may develop. I was hoping for feedback maybe on ease of use or effectiveness. What I do find intriguing is the Liquid Clay. If this product does what it says it can, I would be happy. Claying can be easy, yet on a light vehicle it can be very time consuming. When we clay we are looking for 99% removal of the contaminants, meaning no orange rust flakes and passes the sandwich bag test.

Former Gourmet Chef
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure, that anyone that has been doing our work for more than a couple of months, would be pretty blue eyed to fall for anything like this.
    Allthough I would really love for it to be true, that the products could do what they say. ( i await someone to buy and try, and post here)

But my guesse is that would be like owning a magic wand, that you just wave, and abra kadabra, car clean and protected for life, in just 20 seconds, with special bonus, buy now and get a personal chauffeur too.....only 9.95$..LOL
    :goodluck::goodluck:

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know anything about their products, but for my two cents, any company that doesn`t even have their own domain name is a huge red flag to me. Contact them at aol.com? If you are serious about doing business on the web and being taken seriously, you do not do this. Ispent a couple of minutes looking for any type of warranty info, but I gave up. That website just makes my eyes tired.

Post Thanks / Like

What I do find intriguing is the Liquid Clay. If this product does what it says it can, I would be happy. Claying can be easy, yet on a light vehicle it can be very time consuming. When we clay we are looking for 99% removal of the contaminants, meaning no orange rust flakes and passes the sandwich bag test.
    Have you looked intoDiamondite Speed Clay or the Finish Kare decon system?

a step ahead
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone tried these products?

Thanks for the help. I am going to look at the Diamondite Speed Clay and Finish Kare system. Absolutely agree that the preference is to deal with a reputable vendor such as Autogeek. Thanks again for the info.
    Once again DC needs the credit for allowing us to share our knowledge in such productive way

Post Thanks / Like

You`re welcome, and amen to that! :yes:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information