Post Thanks / Like

Shop in a car wash

Hello,
    Myself and a close freind are planning on opening a small shop in his fathers car wash (no rents and has all the drains and such required by law) I currentlty use an array of products depending on what I need and how quickly ( I have to order most) and was wondering what people sujest I should buy to help keep costs down. Also any tips for a new owner looking at doing 20 cars a wk. Thnkx for you help
    -mike

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shop in a car wash

Jeez, 20 cars a week is a big business for a small business, if that makes sense. Do a search, and you`ll find some good ideas. This is my own recommendation:
    -DeWalt 849 and Edge Pad System (don`t go cheap on this)
    -Poorboy`s line if you want one, easy to use boutique line that is also relatively cheap.
    -Zep or Automagic for cleaners, APC, wheel acids & cleaners, and cetera
    -buy as little as you need, and do as little as you can until you learn things. I`ve got a lot of waxes and polishes I don`t use because I later found better products like PB`s or Pinnacle
    -if the car wash is open now, get some supplies, and start doing your cars, friends cars, family, etc., get a reputation going part time, feel out the market, work out your time
    Brenton Dickieson

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

my reccomendation is purchase:

FK1 #2180 sealant and pink wax, both cheap and work great, other stuff is great too.

Meguiars detailer line offers some great apc, degreasers, and dressing and they are all very affordable and dilutable.

Optimum stuff is great, still pretty affordable.

makita rotary or dewalt rotary, pc if needed

- Find alot of dilutable stuff becuase it will last longer.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

No product specific recommendations here. I would suggest that you find a product/brand that you like and make sure you have a source that is able to help you stay on top of your inventory. If you`re doing 20 vehicles a week your going to go through some serious product having it ordered or in the mail isn`t going to help you. I`m sure that PAC or the other sponsors on this site could easily help you with your needs. I`ve ordered from several and haven`t had a complaint with any of them. Give them a call and ask them what they can do for you and your new business. Obviously you`re going to have to pick one that gives you a fair shipping rate should you align with a U.S. distributor. I`m sure you can find Meguiars, Mothers and a couple of other big names up North also.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

thnkx guys.. umm ya my freind is not in school and is already working at the car wash beacue his dad owns it, as well ill be working between my few classes a wk. so ill be thier about 5-6 hrs a day. plus 20 is just a projection. were assuming beacue of location we will be doing mostly interiors (my fav)

Thread Information