Post Thanks / Like

best tire shine ever

all may not agree but no one can tell me what i have seen and know to be true . I found a bottle of meguiars high endurance wipe on tire shine thats super old in my girlfriends fathers garage. i tried it on her truck and oh my god was it shinny and it lasted for a long long time and it smells awesome. i dont know if they make this stuff anymore but i have to find it or its equivalents. its called high endurance its purple and it smells like grape .. do they still make this has anyone else seen or heard or used it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best tire shine ever

Yes, I have heard of the product. Yes, I have used the product. Yes, I think it does smell good. I also think that the product does just what it says it will do. A long lasting shine. It is available at most of the auto parts store that I go into. It is also available at the Meguiar`s on line store.

I have High Endurance in my arsenal but do not use it as much because I really like the muted finish of some other products. It is also a dust magnet if not properly cured. At least that has been my experience.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

You`re lookng for shiny and I spent over an hour scrubbing the shiny stuff off my tires the tire shop used when they rotated them. I`m now in their computer as the guy that DOESN`T WANT SHINY STUFF ON HIS TIRES! It`s in caps on their computer, too.

So as not to totally hi-jack your thread, I think I have read where some people thought the HE would sling pretty badly.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

It sure does sling if not properly cured.

I have been using Adam`s VRT for my tires. It does not last as long but it does create the muted effect that I am looking for. In fact I just got done with a little detailing on my tires with my son. He thought Poorboy`s wheel sealant looked like bubble gum.

I thought he did a pretty good job of hanging in there. He said that he needed a break after two tires. I needed a break after one tire but kept going to see how long he would last.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Pays attention to detail.
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that Meguiar`s Endurance is the best tire goop on the planet! They do still make it. Although, I have had to special order it a couple times.
    Wal-Mart, the chemical shop and the paint shop do not keep it in stock (even though the paint shop is an exclusive Meguiar`s product dealer).

So yeah, everybody run out and order some of this stuff! It works like a charm and smell so good, you`ll wish you could eat it!
    Prov. 17:17 A friend loves at all times, a brother is born for times of adversity.

My back hurts...
    Post Thanks / Like

Every autozone around here stocks it. I`ve not tried it yet...I like shiny stuff on two types of tires--low profile, and the ones that have what looks like a micro-washboard all the way around. I`ve got plainsides on the back and white stripes on the front of my truck, and a shiny black tire with a 1" matte white stripe just don`t look right IMHO. I prefer Eagle One tire shine

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used probably 10-20 different tire shine products. IMO Meg`s Endurance is the best for longevity and shine and non-slinging.

I usually wipe off the excess after an hour or so, which prevents slinging, although the only time I`ve seen it sling is on heavily patterned tire sidewalls with lots of grooves in them.....
    BILL LUSTER
    2010 Corvette GS/Vert 436hp
    See Bill`s Pic`s HERE....

Post Thanks / Like

I personally hate the stuff. It turns my tires brown and collects dirt and crud like a magnet. I really like the Mothers FX Tire Shine.

Eurochem Auto Chemicals
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW
    You`re lookng for shiny and I spent over an hour scrubbing the shiny stuff off my tires the tire shop used when they rotated them. I`m now in their computer as the guy that DOESN`T WANT SHINY STUFF ON HIS TIRES! It`s in caps on their computer, too.

So as not to totally hi-jack your thread, I think I have read where some people thought the HE would sling pretty badly.

Charles
    Hey Charles I agree with you, the shiny stuff should only be sold to used car dealers.....YUCK.
    Stuart

Post Thanks / Like

i didnt know so many people liked it. i have never had a slinging problem with it . it does look outstanding on low pro tires and it looks outrageous on any car oe truck with rims period. not just low pro and after market wheels. problem is the applicator eats up alot of it i have to use a terry applicator with a sponge core in it . i dont like the eagle 1 tires swipes they pull apart . the method i have found for shinning the tires is working well for me .and i have not had this stuff turn brown on me yet i find that a good degreaser or even simple green pull it off and away from the tires no problem. everyone has diffrent effects with diffrent products i guess. either way im glad to see more people agree with the product ill be sure keep on using it .

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0hstillclean
    I found a bottle of meguiars high endurance wipe on tire shine thats super old in my girlfriends fathers garage. i tried it on her truck and oh my god was it shinny and it lasted for a long long time and it smells awesome. i dont know if they make this stuff anymore but i have to find it or its equivalents.
    OK. Hold on a second here. The bottle was "super old?" I think Megs has only been making this stuff for 5 or 6 years. "Super old" is the rusty can of Simonize my uncle found in his garage. It`s older than me I think. I told him to trash it or donate it to the Smithsonian.

Anyway, Megs HE (high gloss version) is awesome if you like REALLY shiney tires which I do. I don`t experience much sling and it lasts forever. I`ve also never experienced any browness. However, I use a tire cleaner and tire brush on my tires every time I wash. At the end of the wash I reapply the HE.

Post Thanks / Like

there are so many new products coming out by so many diffrent companies a bottle of HE from 6 years ok could be considerd super old. haha. but yes maybe super old was over doing it but with all the products out and not knowing of its origins i assumed it was old. it was also dusty, hidden and the labeling had been coming off. my apalogies on its age .

Thread Information